• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@Leaves We've been discussing a Bonafe Apron Toe Boot gmto on the Bonafe gmto thread. So this:
in boot form, with a flat (hand) welt, on the 804 last, preferably just the apron toe without the split raised stitch at the toe. In any full grain calf (smooth, lama, grain in order of preference) in meleze/dark-ish brown or even brown shell, with any sole, reverse or flat hand-welt (not norvegese or bentivegna) currently it's @laufer and me (I remember you or @GabrielOB mentioning that bonafe has a lot of unlisted styles so you need to check with them before confirming, so before we try getting one more person to join we wanted to confirm if an apron toe boot is even possible
This is the closest they got:
A new pattern will incur a one time surcharge of 4000 SEk ex VAT.

jrb666

Reaction score
First time using the Fedex option to ship my incoming Galway to Australia and it was a big mistake. The shoe tree was quarantine and had to be inspected with taxes and custom charges got slugged Aud $411.00. Never had this happen with the regular post.
As I've got a pair of G&G Burnhams winging their way to Sydney as we speak, that just sent a chill down my spine...

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If it's under $1000 you'll be fine but it was the wooden shoe trees that set off the alarm bells with customs. I had another pair of Galway deliver Skoaktiebolaget last time by Aus Post and there was no problems with duties.

As I've got a pair of G&G Burnhams winging their way to Sydney as we speak, that just sent a chill down my spine... 

I feel for you my Aussies friends but I can understand authorities vigilance to protect Australia's flora and fauna.
It really stinks though.

Dieg0

Reaction score
Awesome price for the crocodile. And I really like the grande wing tip too. Unfortunately not my size.

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crocodile boots, let alone shoes, for under $1k? Not sure how you guys made that happen, but I'm really wishing I had a grand burning a hole in my pocket!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads