• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

alexandchau

Reaction score
I say Isham. Different enough from the Dover, and would go better with the lighter colors you have in mind. Would be a good make-up for a Florida gent...
smile.gif
Speaking of which, is anyone interested in a GMTO for the G&G Isham in vintage chestnut?

striker

Reaction score
I'd be interested in the Isham. In either Vintage Chestnut or Racing Green smooth leathers or variations in pin/ Hatch Grain. Midnight Blue Lining. HAF soles.

Last edited:

Macs

Reaction score
Dear Gentlemen,
I would like to gauge interest for a Carmina split toe derby GMTO model 80189 as below:

in either plain calf or hatchgrain.
Colour could be dark burgundy (as in the picture above), burnished brown or dark brown.
I would prefer a single leather sole but also Tomir is acceptable for me.
Last is going to be Soller or Rain or any other wide/high instep compliant last.

Thanks goes to @Leaves for his advice on this makeup

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Thanks guys. Very psyched. Went back and forth on whether to do a tough boot with the Utah leather. Look forward to testing it out, really liked the look of it on the Kentmeres that Skoak is running but in the end wanted a veldt Galway.

Yeah, congrats, buda. I went with a 64 veldt Galway on Utah as well. No shearling, though. The waiting game is on...

striker

Reaction score
I personally find a color too dark tend to hide the split toe rather than show it off.This feature is the only reason why EG and GG split toes are above other brands.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, congrats, buda. I went with a 64 veldt Galway on Utah as well. No shearling, though. The waiting game is on...
In gold, right? Should be great! The good news is that we have like 6 or 7 months before we should in a hurry to have these (or maybe 9 or so for me with the shearling) - though I'll of course be happy to get mine much sooner.

Last edited:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In gold, right? Should be great! The good news is that we have like 6 or 7 months before we should in a hurry to have these (or maybe 9 or so for me with the shearling) - though I'll of course be happy to get mine much sooner.

No, I ordered mine in chestnut (with Christmas red lining for kicks!). Skoak says four months for EG MTOs but like you, I am setting my expectations for 6 months.

I thought about going for the dark brown Utah like the Kentmere, but figured I had less overlap with the chestnut. Both are great as Utah was my first choice. Later (??), I might consider CC or a two-tone Galway.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I ordered mine in chestnut (with Christmas red lining for kicks!). Skoak says four months for EG MTOs but like you, I am setting my expectations for 6 months.

I thought about going for the dark brown Utah like the Kentmere, but figured I had less overlap with the chestnut. Both are great as Utah was my first choice. Later (??), I might consider CC or a two-tone Galway.
I thought gold and chestnut Utah were the same color. Regardless I know what you are talking about though (like Leffot's 82 last model) and that is what I was thinking of. Should be beautiful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads