• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

member2000r

Reaction score

Quote:
Bringing this over wholesale to the top of this page, because awesome. I am in for an F fitting when you get 5 gents with impeccable taste to join you.
Espresso or vintage oak F width Although MH71 is a great last, I feel this Burnham looks best on TG73 (actually Deco but I am afraid they won't do shoes in Deco last at benchmade quality and price), do you agree?

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Espresso or vintage oak
F width
Although MH71 is a great last, I feel this Burnham looks best on TG73 (actually Deco but I am afraid they won't do shoes in Deco last at benchmade quality and price), do you agree?

I am pretty sure that they will not do Deco last at bench-made quality and price. That would be too much to ask. Personally I cannot wear TG73 and I know that some member find TG73 overly aggressive hence MH71 comes as a nice compromise.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am in love with my 10.5 G width MH71 last, although i would not be against TG73. The Deco last is not for me though...

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If you have trouble finding the 5th I can join this Burnham GMTO, I'm an F. I'd personally chose Vintage Oak, I am not a fan of the very dark brown hues. The burnish I find GG do so well does not come to its right in darker colors. MH71 would be my preferred last too although TG73 will work too.

Last edited:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gentleman we are working on GMTO for Gaziano and Girling chelsea boot through Skoaktiebolaget. So far we have three interested parties, one in E width, one in F width and one in G width. We need the minimum five orders in the same width before we can proceed with this GMTO. Here are the rest of the specifications.

Model - Burnham chelsea wholecut boot made of single piece of letter.
Last - MH71
Color - Espresso leather but we can consider other shade of dark brown colors such as Mocha and Vintage Oak. ( @Leaves can we get please pictures of Espresso, Mocha and Vintage Oak next to each other.
Soles - single leather soles?
Width - if you are interested please let me know what width you would like, we need five orders to be in the same width.

Here are some pictures for the inspiration.

Not as relevant to the GMTO but are the loafers on the far left in vintage pine, chestnut, or maple?

Last edited:

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The rise of the chelsea :) I'm surprised there would be so much interest there

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you have trouble finding the 5th I can join this Burnham GMTO, I'm an F. I'd personally chose Vintage Oak, I am not a fan of the very dark brown hues. The burnish I find GG do so well does not come to its right in darker colors. MH71 would be my preferred last too although TG73 will work too.

Espresso and Mocha are aniline leathers so they will not take burnishing.
I thought vintage oak and mocha are pretty similar in color if not the same?

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm on the fence on this one, but as another F, I might have to concider if we have enough F's joining in...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics