• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's odd. Carmina rain un 8UK is overall roomier than Bonafe 946 last. I have to take 7.5 in rain and Bonafe 8UK. I find rain overall roomier and higher instep than Bonafe.

Mr Tewkesbury

Reaction score
So I've gotten a good fit with the GG06 last from Gaziano &Girling and the 82 last from Edward Green fits well. I have some Dovers on the 606 and, while a derby, still fit well and the laces aren't ridiculously spaced out. The only Carolina last I could get to work was the Rain last and it wasn't great. I like the F last from Vass a lot. But I still find Bonafe to have a bit higher instep than all of those.
Sorry to hijack the conversation, but I have found the EG 82 their worst for a high in-step such as mine. Curious, are you wearing them half a size to a full size larger? I've found the 888 the better.
Just placed my first Vass order, which is the F last, so I guess in 8-10 weeks I'll be able to comment on that - positively, I hope!

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's odd. Carmina rain un 8UK is overall roomier than Bonafe 946 last. I have to take 7.5 in rain and Bonafe 8UK. I find rain overall roomier and higher instep than Bonafe.

Everyone's foot is different I suppose. I wear a 9 UK in the 946 last and a 9 UK in the Rain last. The toe is a little tight on the 946 depending on how thick my socks are but it fits better than the Rain to me. The Rain was a tight fit and I'm on the edge of needing a 9.5 instead. I can close the laces on the 946 but not on the Rain in the same size.

Sorry to hijack the conversation, but I have found the EG 82 their worst for a high in-step such as mine. Curious, are you wearing them half a size to a full size larger? I've found the 888 the better.
Just placed my first Vass order, which is the F last, so I guess in 8-10 weeks I'll be able to comment on that - positively, I hope!

My EG 82's are a 9.5 UK. I've had a hard time with EG sizing to be honest. I tried several pairs and lasts at Brooks Brothers (the only local shop that had them) and got a good fit with a 9.5 UK in the 82 and the 888. But they were older shoes and had the old logo on the insole so I'm certain they were on the old wooden lasts. Then I bought a new pair of Chelseas on the 82 and they're bigger to me. People have differing views on the resin lasts but I personally noticed a difference. YMMV. My Dovers are a 9 UK and the fit is perfect and I plan on trying the 82 last in a 9 UK next time. My G&G's are a 9.5 and the fit is great and better than the 82 last to be honest.

I think you'll like the F last. Bonafe 804 would work well for you too.

Mr Tewkesbury

Reaction score
Everyone's foot is different I suppose. I wear a 9 UK in the 946 last and a 9 UK in the Rain last. The toe is a little tight on the 946 depending on how thick my socks are but it fits better than the Rain to me. The Rain was a tight fit and I'm on the edge of needing a 9.5 instead. I can close the laces on the 946 but not on the Rain in the same size.

My EG 82's are a 9.5 UK. I've had a hard time with EG sizing to be honest. I tried several pairs and lasts at Brooks Brothers (the only local shop that had them) and got a good fit with a 9.5 UK in the 82 and the 888. But they were older shoes and had the old logo on the insole so I'm certain they were on the old wooden lasts. Then I bought a new pair of Chelseas on the 82 and they're bigger to me. People have differing views on the resin lasts but I personally noticed a difference. YMMV. My Dovers are a 9 UK and the fit is perfect and I plan on trying the 82 last in a 9 UK next time. My G&G's are a 9.5 and the fit is great and better than the 82 last to be honest.

I think you'll like the F last. Bonafe 804 would work well for you too.
It is always interesting to read the experience of others.
The 363 Bonafe is my go-to (boots). That said, I prefer Lobb overall, just roomier. I have enquired about G&G sizing, just haven't ordered anything yet. Not sure I like the styling, bit too contemporary.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is always interesting to read the experience of others.
The 363 Bonafe is my go-to. That said, I prefer Lobb overall, just roomier. I have enquired about G&G sizing, just haven't ordered anything yet. Not sure I like the styling, bit too contemporary.

You might like their GG06 or MH71 lasts. I personally do not like the TG73 or any of the deco lasts. They're just too much. Can't decide about the DG70. Would have to see it in person.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excited to see the Carlos Santos handgrade collection grow, @Leaves. If a black wingtip or semi-brogue is in the cards, that would be right up my alley.

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
FYI:

We are open today until 18:00 and then closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday to celebrate Midsummers eve. Please give us some extra time to respond to emails and other inquiries during this weekend.

Have a great Midsummers or as we say in Sweden: Glad Midsommar!

/Skoaktiebolaget team

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More Bonafe today. Vitello Etrusco perf cap toe balmoral.

IMG_4676.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads