• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe brand help needed?

Geran Brown

Reaction score
I was wondering if I could get some help looking for brand recommendations on three shoe types in the price range under $350... (I like the toe shape of the Alfred Sargent Adelaide or Gaziano & Girling St. James; chisel toe type or classic square)

Black Oxford - black calf color
Brown Oxford - chestnut or rioja color
Brown Suede Oxford - cedar or polo color

All should either have a plain toe design or something with a smooth toe cap if possible; As well as either Goodyear welted or Blake welted

Thank you for your help and I really do appreciate it!

Regards,
Geran B.

Geran Brown

Reaction score
Any help? :)

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meermin, AE, Herring and Loakes for basic level shoes.

Next up the chain is Alfred Sargent, Carmina, Crockett and Jones.

May be difficult to find chisel toes in your price range, unless there are sales.

Filippos

Reaction score
Bally.com - on sales right now. Excellent shoes but not much of plain toes. Worth a look though

Geran Brown

Reaction score

Meermin, AE, Herring and Loakes for basic level shoes.

Next up the chain is Alfred Sargent, Carmina, Crockett and Jones.

May be difficult to find chisel toes in your price range, unless there are sales.
Thanks for the suggestions! It helped in my search for a brand that can offer the style of shoe I am looking for at a reasonable cost (Meermin). :cheers:

Bally.com - on sales right now. Excellent shoes but not much of plain toes. Worth a look though
Thank you for the advice. Based on Petepan's post I was able to find a shoemaker that fits my criteria perfectly :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now just to determine which of their last are similar to Gaziano & Girling's TG73 and MH71.

Meermin Lasts

Gaziano & Girling Lasts

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads