• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Monkey Denim

2coleman2

Reaction score
Looking for any info on the Red Monkey brand, such as quality and value, care, how do they stretch and/or shrink.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This brand has come up before, I believe you will be better off asking on SuFu rather than here as no one here wears those.

Reaction score
sufu does not wear RMC

try hypebeast

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bah, it was some other board, I couldnt remember, I didnt feel like searching our board for it

tljenkin

Reaction score
I always know how many posts a person is going to have before I click on these threads.

To answer your question - Just don't buy them. Waaay overpriced and people are just going to think they're fake anyways. If you want a very loose, gaudy pair of jeans that everyone will recognize, just get a pair of Evisu. Still crappy, but about half the price and better.

Better yet, just get a pair of Oni Reds for a loose fit, or Oni Blues for a normal fit. I'm sure you'll like the patch.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To add my two cents:

They are made in Hong Kong. At the astronomical price they are asking, I would expect Japanese hand-woven, no less.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tljenkin
If you want a very loose, gaudy pair of jeans that everyone will recognize, just get a pair of Evisu. Still crappy, but about half the price and better.

Evisu holds their own against any of the brands discussed on this board.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Well, not the evisus that we all see people wearing around town. They have some that are good, but it's not safe to assume most evisus you see are on par with the other japanese brands discussed here.
Yeah, most of the US/EU Evisu is pretty crappy. Either way, saying Evisu as a brand is crappy is fairly short sighted.

tljenkin

Reaction score
Talking about Evisu EU. I doubt he cares about getting the Japanese one. He's going for image.

Dexstar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tljenkin
Waaay overpriced and people are just going to think they're fake anyways.

haha
trrue dat.

tljenkin

Reaction score
How was that racist? I have a suitmate who's white that I had a similar conversation with. I'm going to assume that he doen't want to pay more than he has to as long as he gets an authentic product of either RMC or Evisu. Do you think he would be more interested in a pair of PBJs or Eternals?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads