• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pick Kwilk's Offal Dish Adventure Thread

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Aren't brains and sweetbreads the same thing?

I have eaten brain, and remember it as being very good. It was a long time ago.

I've never eaten legendary Rocky Mountain Oysters though I live in Texas.

The three times I've eaten Rocky Mountain Oysters, they seemed to be made from the scrotum of the cow, not the actual testes. Tasted like fried clam.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
And how he tried to get a promotion:
After months of being patient, I approached Chef Keller and expressed my concerns of being left behind as an eternal prep cook. His soft smile spread over his face and I can only imagine him thinking to himself how presumptuous I was being. After all, I was 22 years old, and he basically told me as much--"Be patient, you don't realize it yet, but you are learning so much right now."

I know how he feels. And it's only been a month as a prep cook. I feel incredibly lucky to be where I am and I know I'm learning a lot, but it feels like every day is almost an exact copy of the previous day and the next day. I'm probably just being a baby. I know everyone needs to put in their time, and don't get me wrong, I do the best I can with every task I'm given every day, and I learn as much as I can. I work every day to be able to do my job better, faster, smarter, cleaner, than the day before-- and also better, faster, smarter, and cleaner than my coworkers. But I have this nightmare in my mind that in 6 months I'll still be doing the same thing.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I know how he feels. And it's only been a month as a prep cook. I feel incredibly lucky to be where I am and I know I'm learning a lot, but it feels like every day is almost an exact copy of the previous day and the next day. I'm probably just being a baby. I know everyone needs to put in their time, and don't get me wrong, I do the best I can with every task I'm given every day, and I learn as much as I can. I work every day to be able to do my job better, faster, smarter, cleaner, than the day before-- and also better, faster, smarter, and cleaner than my coworkers. But I have this nightmare in my mind that in 6 months I'll still be doing the same thing.

The good news is that by doing the same things over and over again, you'll likely not forget how to do it, which means when you're on "Top Chef: Masters" in 10 years, you won't be the one that can't remember or is slow at doing some mise en place skill.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cool article. In a way I envy kwilk and his time in the kitchen, except for the time he spends butchering fish, of course. He's lucky to be working at a place where he'll maybe get to hone his skills on the more esoteric stuff.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol
Bump what did you end up making KWILK??

Since the making of this thread, I have made:
Brains
Tongue
Sweetbreads
Liver
Testicles
Kidneys
Cheeks
and some other offal

I have not yet made:
Heart
Tripe
Intestine

They were all good and fun to make and learn to do. I just didn't bother taking pictures and posting a threak or anything. Maybe next time.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AEK
Correct. Second best part of the bird after the tail.

By the 'tail' do you mean the 'Parson's nose' or 'pygostyle' to be scientifically correct? I must have eaten dozens and dozens of those....

A bit of a let-down kwik, I was expecting more details and photos.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chobochobo
A bit of a let-down kwik, I was expecting more details and photos.
My bad dawg. I never did this when I was in Chicago. It's all been done since moving to California. And to be honest, by the time my roommate and I actually cooked all this ****, I had completely forgotten about this thread.

Next time we do something cool, I should take pics.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
My bad dawg. I never did this when I was in Chicago. It's all been done since moving to California. And to be honest, by the time my roommate and I actually cooked all this ****, I had completely forgotten about this thread.

Next time we do something cool, I should take pics.

Wait, I thought that after you couldn't find testicles at the market, we all told you to man up, and you ate one of your own? Isn't that how it happened?

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be interested to know what testicles taste like and what their texture is like (no ****). Have you ever cooked coxcombs?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads