• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Parka fit critique needed

stylenewbie

Reaction score

I'm a 36s normally and this is a size 36. Had to shorten the sleeves already but I'm still not sure if it fits well. Thanks for the advice!

Last edited:

dredwings19

Reaction score
To be honest, not that great. However, I'm guessing with your size it's hard to find anything smaller.

stylenewbie

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, to be honest I agree it's not super stylishly slim fitting, however it is my understanding parkas can be somewhat roomy?

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks fine. It should have enough room to accomodate you and a thick sweater. The length is also fine. It is supposed to cover your butt entirely although there are Bomber style parkas available as well. Which length you choose is entirely up to you.
Features I would look for in a winter parka include:
  • Hood that extends in front of the face
  • Wind flap over the front zipper
  • Chest pockets as well as lower front pockets
  • Thick elastic cuffs under the outer arm cuffs
  • Inner skirt with snap to prevent updrafts
  • Inner drawstring to tighten arounf waistline (optional)
  • Hard outer shell fabric, tough enough to withstand falls without tearing
  • Synthetic or down fill (550-600 fill rating is preferred in the case of down fill)

How I would choose a parka would be based on no car or public transit in existence, purely stranded, and I have to walk 4-5 hours to get home. Would the parka keep me warm. Or, that I can remain standing for several hours or even sleeping the night outdoors and not feel cold. This will be relative to your location or geographic region. Your parka appears fine but go through my checklist to see if your has the afore-mentioned features. I noticed that your parka has a draw string at the bottom, so possible no inner skirt is needed. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads