• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New Aldens - cigar shell, plain toe balmorals

chas

Reaction score
I just picked these up from the Alden Shop on Madison in NYC. The first two pics are with a flash and the second two are without. This is my first pair of shell cordovan shoes and as such, I went with what I think is a very versatile shoe. They are on the Aberdeen last. They look more elegant on the foot than they do in the pictures.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is a very nice looking pair of shoes. The first pair I've ever seen in a plain toe bal.

chas

Reaction score
Thanks, they are not a standard model. They are a special order for the Madison Ave shop. I was really drawn to the breast welt as well. The 3/4 welt on the balmoral makes them less chunky than most of the Aldens.

cpac

Reaction score
I'm wearing my pair of this same shoe today. What polishing I've done has been with black wax, so might appear a bit darker (though not a lot). Enjoy them - they're a fantastic shoe.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
great color great shoe wish they were mine!

andyw

Reaction score
Very nice, I like the relative slenderness that is only available in the Aberdeen last and what appears to be a more accomadating toe box, which is probably the single biggest complaint about the Anerdeen last. I really like the streamlined detailing.....I'd but a pair if Alden will just get a little more aggressive, i.e. pointed or chiseled toe. Well done, I'm going to have to drop in to see what else they have new.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the shoe a lot but I for some reason I can't wear the Aberdeen last. It's the only Alden last that doesn't fit my feet well.

Urbane Legend

Reaction score
Beautiful shoes !
I just got the plain toe blucher in cigar shell on the plaza last. Its not as dressy as your pair.
Enjoy them

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those are gorgeous!

HATORI HANZO

Reaction score
Very nice shoes, they will look great with a pair of nudies.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads