• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My experience with bespoke: An update

GodAtum

Reaction score
I've spoken to G&H, E&R and Graham Brown and all of them seem to be perfect. The only issue is the price, from £800 at Graham Brown to £4100 at G&H (super 100s). Have not spoken to D&G, how much are they? The decision is a hard one!

Macallan

Reaction score
What cloth did you look at Gieves because base price is £3650?
At the start of 2010, E&R were about £2.5k for a suit and about £3.5k for a morning suit

You should consider Benson & Clegg, about £2.5k.

Macallan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GodAtum
I looked at Scabal fabrics at Gieves.

Do you know from which collection?

If this is your first bespoke suit, go for GB; see how the style looks and evaulate what you like and dislike, which will help with further bespoke purchases. The last thing you want to do is have a E&R/G&H bespoke suit in your wardrobe that you do not wear (or wear as much as you initially intended).

GodAtum

Reaction score
I think it was from the Four Seasons collection. You do have good points, but i'm worried Gb would not be a good quality cut for that low price.

Macallan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GodAtum
i'm worried Gb would not be a good quality cut for that low price.

I have two bespoke suits, Gieves and Cad & The Dandy. There is a difference in fit and quality; however, the latter is a still good garment and in terms of value for money, the small differences are not the extra cost.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads