• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

@ London in october - Recommendations?

MrKaizen

Reaction score
I know that fine guys from London on the forum can give me excellent advices.

I will be attending at FOWA conference (The Future of Web Apps) in London 4-6 october 2010.
The conference and the workshops will take place at The Brewery and at Wallacespace.

The Brewery, 52 Chiswell Street, London EC1Y 4SD.

Wallacespace, 22 Duke's Road, London, WC1H 9PN.

Recommendations about hotels and restaurant in the same area?

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are not in the same area though not too far apart. Malmaison would be my choice near The Brewery. http://www.malmaison-london.com/ Nothing great close to the other site though the Novotel a modern block on Euston Road is next door to the British Library. Restaurant wise it's the same the St John at Smithfield is good for the Brewery http://www.stjohnrestaurant.com/ at the other site a bit of a wasteland foodwise, I know there is a good cheap Chinese behind Euston station but I do not remember its name.

MrKaizen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by culverwood
They are not in the same area though not too far apart.
Malmaison would be my choice near The Brewery. http://www.malmaison-london.com/
Nothing great close to the other site though the Novotel a modern block on Euston Road is next door to the British Library.

Restaurant wise it's the same the St John at Smithfield is good for the Brewery http://www.stjohnrestaurant.com/ at the other site a bit of a wasteland foodwise, I know there is a good cheap Chinese behind Euston station but I do not remember its name.

Good advices, thanks

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't terribly impressed with the Novotel I stayed at in Tower Hill. Bed was uncomfortable, not many amenities in the room, and the key for the fitness room had to be replaced every 24 hours. (Also there was construction in the room next to mine the whole week, not necessarily their fault but you would think they would have thought about that when giving me a room...) IMO it was not worth the price. Not sure if the one in Euston Road is the same way but I don't think I would use them again.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree jetblast - the only thing the Novotel has in its favour is its proximity to the British Library if you are a bibliophile.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Might be a little further out and more expensive than you would like but I really like the single rooms at the Green Park Hilton. I find the rooms tranquil and cosy and it's right around the corner from Green Park tube station.

MrKaizen

Reaction score
Very informative advices, thanks to you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads