• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Latest Point and Shoot Cameras

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
We bought a Canon S100 when it first came out. It's still working fine and has been a good P&S. We have a big trip coming up in November and thought I'd check in with the SF photographers and see if there's a new P&S we should be looking at?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not interested in DSLR of do you already have that covered?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Not interested at this time and do not have it covered. Looking for something that will fit into my pocket while I'm out being a tourist but give some decent quality pics. That Canon S100 has really delivered so I might just stick with that.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A step up in price from basic P&S but the Sony A6000 looks pretty great, as do a few of the Fujis. I use a full frame Canon 6D and have been looking at maybe picking up that Sony myself. It's small, mirrorless, and the kit lens is pretty compact. The APS-C size sensor is a big plus, and adapters make it possible to use lots of other lenses (although you will lose autofocus on many).

As a Canon guy, I never had any interest at all in Sony before, but they are doing some really great things right now with cameras.

http://www.dpreview.com/products/sony/slrs/sony_a6000

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
GF, yes, I have an iPhone 6.

Fred, do not want detachable lens but that looks like a great little camera.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

A step up in price from basic P&S but the Sony A6000 looks pretty great, as do a few of the Fujis. I use a full frame Canon 6D and have been looking at maybe picking up that Sony myself. It's small, mirrorless, and the kit lens is pretty compact. The APS-C size sensor is a big plus, and adapters make it possible to use lots of other lenses (although you will lose autofocus on many).

As a Canon guy, I never had any interest at all in Sony before, but they are doing some really great things right now with cameras.

http://www.dpreview.com/products/sony/slrs/sony_a6000

I was also going to suggest a Fuji until he said that he wanted to be able to just throw the camera into his pocket.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was also going to suggest a Fuji until he said that he wanted to be able to just throw the camera into his pocket.

The kit lens on the Sony is pretty compact. It's not gonna fit in his pants pocket, but it would fit in a jacket pocket. The Fujis look great too, but I didn't think the lenses on the APS-C Fujis were quite as compact unless he went with the 23mm prime or something.

Do you have one of the Fujis? We're going to Acadia National Park for a week mid-August and I'm seriously considering the A6000 or one of the Fujis myself so I don't have to lug my Canon around on hikes.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
He wants a point-and-shoot. What's with all the interchangeable lens suggestions?

Best point-and-shoot on the market is the Sony RX100, mark IV. Not even really debatable.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

He wants a point-and-shoot. What's with all the interchangeable lens suggestions?

Best point-and-shoot on the market is the Sony RX100, mark IV. Not even really debatable.

Ouch! That's pricey for a P&S but it sure reviewed well.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
what? I'm not exactly convinced that a $350 point and shoot would be a worthy upgrade over the iPhone 6, especially as another accessory to carry around.

I don't know what the line would be between "just use iphone 6" and "pay the extra for this camera, it'll deliver in ways the iPhone just can't", especially if the intent is to simply point and shoot.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics