• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Knit tie maker?

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Nick Bronson makes knits for a lot of people. I know he makes knit ties for KJ Beckett and Gallo, I suspect he may make them for Paul Stuart and Barneys and G. Vasta, although I don't know this for sure. http://www.nickbronson.com/ I don't think all knits are made by the same maker, but probably a lot.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
It seems that almost every single knit tie I've seen has been made in Italy and has nearly identical tags, leading me to believe they could be from the same maker.

which is why I think it doesn't make sense to pay a premium for brands when buying plain knits. The $25 BB are just as good as Marinella
tounge.gif
I don't think you get more value for your $. That said, I don't believe Zegna, as well as Barbera, knits are made by the same maker.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
which is why I think it doesn't make sense to pay a premium for brands when buying plain knits. The $25 BB are just as good as Marinella
tounge.gif
I don't think you get more value for your $. That said, I don't believe Zegna, as well as Barbera, knits are made by the same maker.

One of my favorite knits is from Lands' End, and, as far as I can tell, it's as good as any I've got, including my Charvets.

The good thing about silk knits, other than the fact that they're awesome, is that they seem to hold up very well.

Roy Biggins

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
One of my favorite knits is from Lands' End, and, as far as I can tell, it's as good as any I've got, including my Charvets.

The good thing about silk knits, other than the fact that they're awesome, is that they seem to hold up very well.

+1 for Lands' End.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same quality but Charvet and other high end sellers will tell you that they commission special runs with proprietary colors/patterns. How else can they justify trebling the price.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think someone else makes Massimo knit ties. They seem a lot different than the KJ Beckett Nick Bronson types (which I love by the way).

RSN125

Reaction score

Last edited:

Sebastian

Reaction score
Does anybody know, who makes the Rubinacci knit ties?

I really love the styles and they seem to be good value for the money.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads