• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with Paul Smith suit on Ebay !

Fresaq

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been following SF for a while but this is the first time I actually posted something. I've learned a lot thanks to the the wisdom of you guys in the past year and now I'm about to purchase a suit on ebay for the first time. I am very interested in purchasing a Paul Smith suit (since I like slimmer fitting suits and I love their style), but I had some doubts about the product that you might be able to help me with.

http://www.ebay.co.uk:80/itm/ws/eBa...=230625669257&ssPageName=ADME:X:BOCOS:GB:1123

1- In the listing it states that the waist size of the suit pants is a 32 and according to the Paul Smith website the pants that come with the Byard should be a 34. I asked the seller concerning this matter and the answer was: "Well i measured it laid flat at probably a tiny bit bigger than 32". My concern is that they might have exchange pants with a 38 or 36 suit in order to sell it as a complete suit (or they have no idea what they are selling). Is there a way to know for sure that the size of the pants is the correct one? (Someone who owns a PS suit might be able to tell me if there are any tags that states the exact size inside).

2- I'm thinking about paying around 300 pounds for it. Do you guys think that it is an acceptable price?

Any comments/advices are welcomed.

Thank you!

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could be a knock-off?

This vendor has many 'New with tags' Paul Smith items. Where did they all come from?

Last edited:

LS7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Could be a knock-off?

This vendor has many 'New with tags' Paul Smith items. Where did they all come from?

Possibly a Paul Smith outlet store - there is one at Bicester Vilage for instance - although his listings state that they're sourced from Nottingham.

Fresaq

Reaction score

Possibly a Paul Smith outlet store - there is one at Bicester Vilage for instance - although his listings state that they're sourced from Nottingham.

I agree, It seems like most of their clothes are at least from one or two seasons ago.

datsunfan

Reaction score
Has the seller provided detailed measurements? How well do you know your own measurements?

I bought some Paul Smith trousers to flip (they have been returned). When I got them home and measured them, I realized why they made it to the clearance rack. They are tagged 36, but the waist measured 37 inches. The measurement that really caught my eye was the leg opening measurement. The seam-to-seam measurement of ankle opening (actually from the knee down) was only 7 inches. Slim fitting seems to mean different things to different manufacturers, but when Paul Smith says it is slim fitting they actually mean it.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
Has the seller provided detailed measurements? How well do you know your own measurements?

I bought some Paul Smith trousers to flip (they have been returned). When I got them home and measured them, I realized why they made it to the clearance rack. They are tagged 36, but the waist measured 37 inches. The measurement that really caught my eye was the leg opening measurement. The seam-to-seam measurement of ankle opening (actually from the knee down) was only 7 inches. Slim fitting seems to mean different things to different manufacturers, but when Paul Smith says it is slim fitting they actually mean it.

i really wanted to buy those pants from you. $200 was a bit much and the ankle opening scared me away

Fresaq

Reaction score

I'm going to ask the seller to post some pictures of the inside tag of the trousers. If the measurements are the same as the one provided in the PS website I wouldn't have a problem fitting in these since I tried the RLBL suit trousers and those fit me pretty well (87cm – 34.2” waist). In the worst case scenario I could always return the suit since they have a 7 day return period.

Fresaq

Reaction score
I contacted the seller and he assured me that the pants belonged with the suit jacket but refused to post new pictures, I think that I'm going to pass on this one. Thanks for your comments :)

freedom_fries

Reaction score
byard drops aren't always the same - i've seen both 6 and 7, and always the pants seem a bit smaller than the measurement (which is good if you're me, and have an 8-9" drop).

also, in my experience there are no trouser measurements on the tag in the trousers (just the suit size)

i think 300 pounds is a good deal for a half-canvassed suit with that sort of cut and with the sort of details you'll get on that suit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads