• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

girlfriend's birthday present

baker

Reaction score
It's My girlfriends birthday soon and i"m looking for a gift for her. This winter i got her a pair of raw Jean shop jeans which she now loves, and she hasn't even considered washing them. Now that its time for another gift I'm trying to find another article of clothing that will leave such a lasting impression as breaking in jeans does. She usually buys things from urban outfitters and other stores like that. I'm not a big fan of their expensive and horribly constructed clothing, so basically I'm looking for your input in women's brands that have great construction, can be bought online, and that she will be able to wear pretty frequently. Dresses, shirts, boots or shoes, or non Victoria's secret Lingerie suggestions would be greatly appreciated since my knowledge of women's brands, besides mall brands, is pretty much zero.

TLDR: Girlfriends birthday present, she loves her new raw jeans and I'm looking for another gift that she wouldn't think of buying herself.

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jean Shops were a great buy. I bought my gf some 5eps that she loves, so if you want to get her another pair of jeans maybe check out 5ep.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get her a nice bag, that's what I bought for my friend last week for her birthday. I got a sexy leather/canvas tote in red to add to her spring wardrobe. Btw, revolveclothing has many bags, that's where I bought hers.

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bags are a really personal thing, jewelry too.

both can make amazing gifts though. Spend a lot of time subtly trying to figure out what she wants, (assuming you want it to be a surprise) so you know what to get.

I picked up my girl some pearls for her birthday, but I also had a bag as a backup plan

clothing is even worse, at that point just have her pick something out.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get her a jewelry box. Most girls have need of it, but no longer have one.

It's hard to go wrong with gloves.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How bout dick in a box

But seriously I wouldn't know what to get women besides handbags. Maybe get her a nice belt to go with the jeans

Tigi000

Reaction score
Yep I had the same problem, I went for lingerie as its intimate, buy some perfuem and the obigatory flowers and your in for a winner - there are so many different styles out there - id go for black - and a similar material she allready has as you know this will be comfortabel for her to wear - go for something she will like otherwise she wont wear it - then waste of money= argument...

here is a guide I found useful so i put it on my site!

Buying Lingerie - a guide for men

Seanallen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
Birth control pills.

How about a pearl necklace?

seraphn

Reaction score
what about something in natural leather? aging leather through wear is similar in concept to breaking in raw jeans, imo. a belt might be good, but dunno if its good enough for a bday present. maybe a wallet or a bag, but as others say these things tend to be more personal - but if you know her style well enough, you can score some points
smile.gif

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
nice gloves are a sure thing. all girls want them, but never buy them. rag and bone or vivienne westwood make really nice ones.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got my wife a couple of pieces from Nicole Richie's new Jewelry line called Harlow. It's really nice inexpensive stuff that girls can wear for fun, nothing too fancy, and it's not pricey so you can get a couple of pieces.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads