• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
how about chelsea balmoral boots with a suede shaft and calf/hatch grain? Rain last, either quarter brogue toecap or austerity wingtip toe. what do you reckon?

Very cool boots indeed! However, that specific model is only avail in Robert last at this time.
They do have mid-brown hatch grain calf available at this time but I've heard some reports here on thread about those hatch grain leathers scratching quite easily :(

Last edited:

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
In case you are joining us now,

Here is our Brown Chromexcel Jumper boots MTO with 5 confirmed interests!
Kindly send me a PM if you would like to join! Cheers!

- Oscar Last Jumper boots
- Brown Chromexcel
- Antique Brass eyelets with speedhooks on top
- Medium Brown Antique finished Sole edge dressing
- Stormwelt
- Commando Sole

(picture shown in shell cordovan which is not available until further notice)

We are still at 5 for this CXL Jumper Boots!
Just need one more person for this fall/winter work boots MTO to take off :)

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good day gents,
I am so sorry to ruin the fun here :(

I just got an email from Betty that they only have TAN / BROWN (like our 973 boots we have in stock) / BLACK scotch grain leather available at this time. No burgundy and do not plan on stocking them for now :(

I'm still down for this makeup in brown scotch grain (I'm ok with some broguing too). Anyone else?

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What makeup?  Are you talking about the jumper boot?

No, the foul-weather oxford that justinkapur originally suggested in burgundy pebble grain. I'm not much of a boot guy.

monkeymajik

Reaction score
Yes. I understood this was the original impetus for the discussion of the MTO, but my recollection of the chain of events after that is a little different. It seemed this was the model for the shoe:

There was a discussion about medallion or no medallion. Btw - that shoe does not have a Dainite sole. Anyway, if the burgundy shoe pictured with the dainite is what people want, I am not in. I wish you all well with it, but it is of no interest to me.

Cheers
Nice one. New MTO gonna be run?

ddang

Reaction score
Steve was amazing to deal with and was able to ship my shoes quickly for my wedding. I will post pictures once I finish shining them!

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm still down for this makeup in brown scotch grain (I'm ok with some broguing too). Anyone else?

If the shoe looks like this, I am interested.

This is the G+G version in what they call brown highland grain.

Just to make sure I properly credit the photo, this is Steven Taffel's from Leffot.

Last edited:

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I love this makeup, but I would prefer the dainite sole, which I know you're not too hot on. I was actually going to suggest an adelaide as I've fallen in love with the style recently. The only problem is I don't think Carmina makes an adelaide style on the Rain last. Maybe Steve can confirm. Sucks because I need the Rain last to get the wider width fitting.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads