• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gant Rugger Revealed

grouper

Reaction score
odd they didn't list the gant codpiece on model #8

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
gant is underrated. i have a bunch of their stuff.

all pretty sick if you ask me. they have great colors
Screen%20shot%202010-02-04%20at%2012.30.02%20AM.png
Screen%20shot%202010-02-04%20at%2012.30.49%20AM.png
Screen%20shot%202010-02-04%20at%2012.31.01%20AM.png
Screen%20shot%202010-02-04%20at%2012.31.20%20AM.png

seany

Reaction score
I think everything is on point, cept the 80's dad jeans. But thats the look they are going for (like APC) and they are doing it right. Great stuff, great fits, great all around. Very modern prep ! http://www.acontinuouslean.com/2009/...t-rugger-ss10/ Selvadge oxford close ups, among other things.
gant_archive_13.jpg
Edit: thats photos huge, sorry guys.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need, red varsity.

I like the dot scarf too.

The whole look book is cool overall, I like it.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when did GANT become a luxury brand? I remember buying this **** at tj maxx as a kid.

bakatora

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
when did GANT become a luxury brand? I remember buying this **** at tj maxx as a kid.

I was thinking the exact same thing.
laugh.gif

Doctor

Reaction score
According to Mike, Epaulet is stocking Gant. Coming the end of this week.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
it's got a pretty rich history as an american shirting brand, when the swedes bought it they tapped into that and began to rebrand the company a few years ago. since then it's been bought by lacoste and slowly getting more on-point in its offerings imo. i have a few gant things that get a lot of wear. one of my friends modeled for the f/w '10 campaign and the stuff i've seen looks great. gonna see the michael bastian stuff next week so i'm kind of excited to see how that collection turned out.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
According to Mike, Epaulet is stocking Gant. Coming the end of this week.

Yup, we're planned to get about 10 styles this Friday. We started with Gant Rugger last Fall, and it was really well received. The shirting has a nice slim fit and a shorter hem, so it's perfect if you like to wear it untucked. For jackets, we've already bought the Bonded Cotton parka and reversible harrington, but I might check into that Varsity jacket too. I didn't see it in the showroom when I did my appointment, but it looks great on the site.

Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
it's got a pretty rich history as an american shirting brand, when the swedes bought it they tapped into that and began to rebrand the company a few years ago. since then it's been bought by lacoste and slowly getting more on-point in its offerings imo. i have a few gant things that get a lot of wear.

one of my friends modeled for the f/w '10 campaign and the stuff i've seen looks great. gonna see the michael bastian stuff next week so i'm kind of excited to see how that collection turned out.

The vast majority of Gant's business is in Europe - where it's a bit like a Ralph Lauren that's all preppy and maritime. When I lived in Vienna, I would see it stocked at nearly every department store. Rugger was just launched last year as a younger, slimmer line that speaks back to Gant's roots. I dig this collection a lot. The construction, fit, and materials are all well executed, and the pricing is really fair. I'm excited for us to get started with them online.

TheDroog

Reaction score
If you're in NYC, check out their 3-story shop on Fifth Avenue. It's the first time I've ever seen the entire Gant collection instead of 3-4 random shirts on a small rack. Very impressive-looking stuff, though a tad unoriginal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads