• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Foodie's List of 100 Foods to Try Before You Die. Yes, your list is better.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Really? I like congee but that's mainly because its a vehicle for 1000-year-old-eggs and other stuff. But unlike other vehicles, such as grits, congee is just water and has no flavor.

yeah, it's the **** in it that made me gag. but the last few times I've had it I've liked it. there are a couple of guys I have dim sum with that always have congee with it, I guess sort of as a first course/side - they get it first and then eat the congee through the meal. so, by default I end up eating a bowl like that. I find that with the chopped up "crullers" and pork its pretty good. when it has things like 1000 year eggs or something that I don't like it get really bad fast.

apack

Reaction score
Well, I'm late to this party, but that list is just 100 items that either sound gross, are gross, or meet various kinds of stereotypes about regional food. It's a list of the items that many people would dare drinking buddies to eat. I've had around half of those dishes, and have personally prepared around 20. Some are quite good (e.g., crawfish, suckling pig, avocado milkshake), some are quite plain (grits, congee, latkes), and some are generally despised even in their regions of origin (lutefisk, surströmming). It's not a foodie "to do" list by any means; just an attention-grabber.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Stopped counting at 40, but realized quickly that much of the list is made up of Japanese and/or traditional southern US cooking. Being a Kentuckian who has lived for much of the last decade in Japan, I've had a very fair portion of the list.

Good basashi (raw horse) is the nectar of the Gods. It's expensive in japan and so generally when I'm taken out by old politicians, Deans, or mayors for dinners I pretend I've never had it before so they'll order it for me. Luckily copious amounts of good Sake have gone around by then and so their memory is often impaired, as I pull the trick even if they take me out a second time. :lol:

Not a fan of whale (mentioned above). Or Fugu. Could have lived without trying it, and wasting a big chunk of change. Actually, okay, I lied... virtually all the Japanese delicacies I've tried have been on somebody elses dime. Still, though, whale is only fun to try so that you can piss off your tree-hugging hippy US friends.

Last edited:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...stinky tofu...starting to feel hungry now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads