• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Daily tableware?

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our daily stuff is chipping a bit, so we are looking to replace it with something a bit more durable.

Key criteria:
1. Very simple pattern or plain white
2. Dishwasher safe
3. Microwave safe
4. Relatively inexpensive (<500 for 8 place settings)

I would just buy some Corelle ware if it all didn't look so cheap.

salisboss

Reaction score
The wife and I have plain white generic dishes from crate and barrel and they have lasted for 3.5 years now. One benefit is the outlets often have open stock of things for replacements.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mikasa Antique White Dinnerware set. Mine is 4 years old and in perfect condition. The coffee cups are small, more like tea cups so I added the cappuccino cups to it. And over time a lot of the serving pieces. Simple and somewhat elegant, couldn't be happier. If my 2 sons can't destroy them no one can.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why not some cheapo Bone china in plain white like Wedgewood for daily use. I don't know why daily use stuff always has to be plain, boring and cheap, but I do end up saving my favorite stuff for special occasion as well.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why not some cheapo Bone china in plain white like Wedgewood for daily use. I don't know why daily use stuff always has to be plain, boring and cheap, but I do end up saving my favorite stuff for special occasion as well.

Can you recommend a particular brand?

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
White. I'm not opposed to a patter on the plate but I would like white.

I'll PM you regarding the chair, not trying to post more info about my life on the interwebz than I already have lol.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Daily stuff, I would go to an antiques auction and pick up a set. I see some pretty high end stuff go all the time for dirt cheap. Picked up a set of Spanish porcelain (brand escapes me right now) for 4 recently for $60.

Last edited:

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We currently just use plain white Ikea, which has been fine for daily stuff. But I would like something with a very slight bit of detail. Unfortunately a lot of China has platinum banding which make it not micro-wave safe. And most of the patterns out there seem to fall into two camps - very simple fancy china or very loud obnoxious daily stuff.

Basically I want a simple white plate with a bit of classy blue or grey lining on the edges that is durable.

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take a look at the Apilco Aqua and Apisco sets- WS has sets for dirt cheap for atound $80 I believe.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads