• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calling all Ralph Lauren Experts!

sidewinder227

Reaction score
I agree their store looks legit and I almost wonder if they've been duped. Thanks to @Oshare for translating the Japanese tag!

The store owner reached out to me and said that some of their RLBL items were made for the Japanese market and didn't sell so were closed out and that's how they got them.

Honestly the Japanese tag doesn't bother me as much as the "Ralph Lauren" tag being centered on the lining of the jacket. I've only seen that on cheaper jackets like an old J Crew one I have. I've heard it causes issues with tailoring.

If I'm not mistaken other than the earliest RLBL pieces (ones with the white tag as attached below) RLBL jackets are only half canvassed and made by Caruso. How to tell if it's canvassed? Pinch test near the lower pockets?

_DSC0079.jpg

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I agree their store looks legit and I almost wonder if they've been duped. Thanks to @Oshare for translating the Japanese tag!

The store owner reached out to me and said that some of their RLBL items were made for the Japanese market and didn't sell so were closed out and that's how they got them.

Honestly the Japanese tag doesn't bother me as much as the "Ralph Lauren" tag being centered on the lining of the jacket. I've only seen that on cheaper jackets like an old J Crew one I have. I've heard it causes issues with tailoring.

If I'm not mistaken other than the earliest RLBL pieces (ones with the white tag as attached below) RLBL jackets are only half canvassed and made by Caruso. How to tell if it's canvassed? Pinch test near the lower pockets?

View attachment 978558
That there is a Caruso label

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
RLBL is fully canvassed and made by Caruso. Some of the older RLBL models had the Caruso tag, but they removed the tag for later seasons.

If you find a full canvass, then it's real. I recognize that sport coat from a few seasons back. If it was fake, they wouldn't bother canvassing it. Also, is the shoulder structured like the Anthony cut typically is?

sidewinder227

Reaction score
The bottom most tag says 36-F13 putting it at Fall 2013...is that about when you remember seeing the coat? Also when you say you recognize it do you mean from an RL store, from their website, runway show?

And yes on a pinch test on the fabric (not lining) below the last button I can feel the "third layer" between the wool. It feels like my other RLBL blazers/sport coats/suit jackets and the shoulder construction is the same with padded/roped shoulders. The construction, stitching, and details look good to me but it's just the labeling, especially that centered back "RALPH LAUREN" label that's concerning.

I actually looked at RL's website last night and saw they have a Japanese website (below) that showcases some RLPL pieces that they do not have listed on the US website so it's possible that some items are made specifically for the Japanese market and this is how they are labeled.

https://www.ralphlauren.co.jp/en/men/purple

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve seen that jacket in store. I’m leaning towards it being real. Every market has different labeling.

sidewinder227

Reaction score
Ok thanks. I'm leaning towards it being real based on the fact that RL makes pieces specific to the Asian/Japanese market, the Japanese on the tag being spot on, the construction matching my other legit pieces, and this jacket has been seen in an international RL store before.

Maybe I can call the RL Flagship store in Tokyo and see if anyone there remembers RLBL tags or if they'd be kind enough to describe or even send me a photo of the tags on their RLPL stuff to see if they differ from US tags.

Any Japanese RL fans on here that can weigh in aside from @Oshare?

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bmartin

Reaction score
Do you have more information?

I found a RLPL suit in asia from reliable seller. The jacket has also a white label.

Sans titre14.png

Is it fake?

Myszy

Reaction score
Apologies for digging out such an old thread, but I just thrifted similarly tagged RLBL suit.
It lacks the white Caruso tag, instead it has tags which look like the one from the first post (except that mine are almost completely washed out, but it does say Made in Italy).
However, I do have an additional tag which looks like in the attachment.
Overall the suit looks and feels great, details are neat, it's definitely full canvas, and I think it's identical to the suit that was sold here some time ago (LINK).
So the question is - is it really fake?

Attachments

• IMG_7548.jpg
    IMG_7548.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads