• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Briefcase Appreciation thread

saywhat

Reaction score
There are some seriously classy briefcases on this thread. Looking for a briefcase like this. What's the cheapest i could get that's reputable in this style? So far they've all been over $500, I just can't spend that much......although I'd love to.
nod[1].gif

Anyway, this is $375 at yoox. Brand's called Homam. Is this their house brand? Can't find any info on it. Any pointers on where to look for bags in this style would be great too.

Fred H.

Reaction score
That briefcase from Yoox is a steal at $375. It WOULD, however, be nice to know the country of origin. AND, SY, unless you're talking eBay, you just can't buy a nice briefcase for less than $500. They don't exist.

EDIT: Goolged the name and COO and this is what I get:

Best guess for Homam Country of origin is India. Mentioned on at least 3 websites including sanatansociety.org, wikipedia.org and indusladies.com

Last edited:

saywhat

Reaction score
Thanks. I couldn't find much info on it either, which makes me not really trust it, although it is a really nice briefcase. $500 is a bit steep atm for me, would rather drop that much on a suit, something I really need. Guess it's on to ebay and vintage briefcases searches..........
confused.gif

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's nice looking, and I'm usually not a fan of the newer briefcases that gucci makes.

-LR

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

looks like one of those cheap targus laptop briefcases you can find at staples, but with sloppier stitching, amirite? correct me if i am wrong

Last edited:

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
looks like one of those cheap targus laptop briefcases you can find at staples, but with sloppier stitching, amirite? correct me if i am wrong

That's a $5000 Velextra bag!! (I just noticed your username... so I realized your joking/trolling)

Quote:
That black bag is very unpleasant to look at.

Which?

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:

That's a $5000 Velextra bag!! (I just noticed your username... so I realized your joking/trolling)

10k could have been spent for something better, seems money can't buy you good taste this time. make sure you leave the price tag on when you carry your bag around town. Not everything Velextra designs is gold.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads