• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Big guy needs some Jeans advice

envoy8

Reaction score
My wife has been bugging me to upgrade my casual clothes which are not near the level of my dress clothes. I'm having a hard time finding higher end Jeans that fit well. I'm 5'10, and have a 39 inch waist- and very wide in crotch area. I tired on Brooks Brothers and Zegna and while both size 40 fit by waist perfectly, they were extremely tight in the crotch. I tried on Theory (which by the way, seemed to be more cheaply made than my Levis) and they were TOO baggy all around and not very flattering.

The funny thing is that I never have any trouble buying higher end dress slacks. I prefer Canali, for whatever reason are a perfect fit-always. Isaia and and Hugo Boss also are very good fits. Zanella and Burberry are somewhat less flattering on me for some reason.

Looking for some advice on what Jeans I should try?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Do a 'big guys jeans' search because there are some good threads on this. But in the meantime what is your price range?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Your best bet is probably either APC Rescues, Levi's 501s or RRL Straight Legs. If you're willing to spend more you open up brands like KMW, Iron Heart and Flat Head, which would work very well for you.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Teger hit the main ones - RRL straight, APC Rescue, and any 47 Repro. Rescues are the best cut of those three. If you don't mind a little trimmer fit in the leg then Earnest Sewn Fultons would work. If you decide to spend more, look at the Iron Heart 634S, Flat Head 3005, and Samurai S5000.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by envoy8
In response to the price range question, I'd like to keep this to under $200.
Cool. If you look into the suggestion I just gave you, you'll see that it fits the bill.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads