• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BAPE x Mercedes 300 SL: Urge to kill, rising...

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.bapenerd.com/bape-a-bathi...es-benz-300sl/

bape-camo-mercedes-4.jpg

bape-camo-mercedes-2.jpg

censored.gif
censored.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope that's just camo is just stickered on, like they do on busses.

hypersonic

Reaction score
what's the problem?

Hmm, I actually quite like it ...it's fun.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
originally read ****, having seen these pics my first thoughts werent far off... yuch!

i6or

Reaction score
Nigo also owns the Veyron, and RR also covered.. Very different, still not sure i like it, as a car lover i hate it. But great way to advertise.
pink20veyronwq5hw3.jpg
bape_phantom.jpg
PS: that thing is a beast! it has a AMG 6.0L V8 engine!
ehhws3.jpg

hypersonic

Reaction score
I just think people can be a little bit precious about "iconic" cars. Apart from the new V8 engine, it's only a paint job when all said and done.

Nahmeanz

Reaction score
it's not a paint job, his cars are vinyl wrapped.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Does the vinyl wrapping peel off? In five years when this defacer of classics is bankrupt and has to sell off his fleet, someone's going to have to clean up his messes. Would be nice if it peels off like cheap contact paper.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who is this person and why does he/she do that?

Nahmeanz

Reaction score
He's a Japanese DJ, music producer, and designer named Nigo, he owns the brand A Bathing Ape or simply BAPE. He also co-owns Pharrell's BBC/Ice Cream line. I doubt he'll go bankrupt anytime soon, his brand is 16 years old and is still very popular in Japan.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I join with those who find this to be a shame -- there are not that many vintage Mercedes 300 SLs out there in show condition. Wrapping one in vinyl is not my idea of 'stewardship' of a piece of iconic automotive history. Care for it? Y. Drive it? Y. Vinyl wrap it in camo? N.

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
It is extremely popular all over the world by the urban type culture. Different strokes for different folks.

Vinyl wrap peels off just like the 3m clear that people put on the front of their cars to prevent rock chips.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads