• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are pajama collars stylish?

stylemeup

Reaction score
Are pajama collars stylish? I am considering to buy a shirt with a pajama collar but first I need to know if that is a style error or not.

Furthermore, what is the technical definition of a pajama color? I have tried googling for this information but I did not find any definition based on my google search.

Thank you.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you mean a club collar? Edit: Oh, Googling for pajama collar comes up with pics like this:
2009426165829215.jpg
Is this what you mean? It looks very casual and I can't really say I like it much...

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This collar is classic on shirts of the memphis / bowling / cubavera / hawaiian variety.

Pros are

1. collar points will not levitate,
2. open neck with all buttons done, (you don't do up that loop button on the neck)
3. tasteful display of chest hair

Cons are

1. very casual,
2. requires chest hair

Medtech71

Reaction score
Egads, my good man...someone with 259 posts of SF should already know the answer to this one. It does not matter that it is Saturday...that it's 35c outside...or that you are mearly going to Wal-Mart to purchase toilet paper and doggie treats. You musn't leave your abode without the bare minimum of a BB OCBD shirt, Talbott tie, RLPL blazer, Incotex trousers, Panterella socks and your best John Loobs on. In fact, if the value of the clothes you have on is less than 75% of the value of your car, just stay home, pull the blinds down, and watch an endless loop of What not to Wear...

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I'd make a poll to make sure you end up with the right opinion, wouldn't want some random idiot ******* it up by telling you what to like and not getting it right. Strength in numbers!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads