• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Resource icon

_

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
deez shoes submitted a new resource:

Antonio Meccariello 8.5uk Fine Willow grain loafers NIB $650 - Antonio Meccariello 8.5uk NIB $650

Shoes are new and beautiful. I've only tried to get them on but didn't fit. I believe I scratched the sole lightly in the process. They cost me about $770 after toe taps, lasted shoe trees, and shipping. I'm selling these for $650 with lasted shoe trees and shipping included.

Type: Sample Argentum Handwelted
Size (UK): 8.5 UK E
Fitting: UK E (standard)
Last: A 190 round
Leather: Fine Willow grain Box calf
Color: whiskey
Construction: Hand welted

Read more about this resource...

UNOAIMX

Reaction score
I’m not very familiar with Meccariello lasts, what’s the fitting like on this pair, are they usually size 1/2 or size 1 down from US brannock , you mentioned it doesn’t fit you, what’s your usual size and width in say Crockett jones/ carmina/vass/Enzo bonafe lasts, im trying to get an understanding of Meccariello last fittings, and how come you got the fit wrong. If you can give me an approximation, how long is the length of the sole from tip to tip.
But man those loafers are gorgeous like bespoke almost
Thanks

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not very familiar with Meccariello lasts, what’s the fitting like on this pair, are they usually size 1/2 or size 1 down from US brannock , you mentioned it doesn’t fit you, what’s your usual size and width in say Crockett jones/ carmina/vass/Enzo bonafe lasts, im trying to get an understanding of Meccariello last fittings, and how come you got the fit wrong. If you can give me an approximation, how long is the length of the sole from tip to tip.
But man those loafers are gorgeous like bespoke almost
Thanks
Hi,
For these loafers I used AM's fitting guide from his website. Unfortunately, I had a miscalculation in measurement that led me to believe that these would work. I wish I could help you more but i had a very complex transaction with AM where ultimately they ended up screwing me over and I ended up with a pair of lesser quality. I kept the pair but vowed to not deal with them anymore. The ones I have now are marked 9uk which is my Carmina rain and Enzo Bonafe size. Angela, who handles AM's customer service, claimed they are a 9.5uk but that's just one more lie. AM did modify the instep on my pair as they are normally come low and my right foot has slightly higher instep. I've been hesitant to tell my full horror story with AM on SF but I haven't been able to get over it so I'll probably post it soon on the AM thread.

However, if you are still interested in AM, I recommend reaching out to the gentlemen at TheSabot for sizing advice since they have selling AM shoes for a while now. ThunderMarch, may also be a good resource since he appears to have a good working relationship with Mr. Meccariello himself.

Hope that helps somehow!

UNOAIMX

Reaction score
Alright thanks for being honest with me I feel for you my friend

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads