• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Interview with William P. Field II of Field English Custom Tailors.

J. Cogburn

Reaction score
Nice interview. All that I might add is that Will is a devotee of "rock-of-eye" cutting. That always impresses me.

I've commissioned a number of garments from Will over the past few years: a midnight blue double-breasted dinner jacket (Lessers), a black mohair, single-button peak lapel suit (Dormeuil Tonik), a double-breasted marine blue chalk stripe (Anglia); a Cambridge grey three-button suit (Lessers Superfine Tropical); a light Prince of Wales three-button suit with blue overcheck (Lessers Superfine Tropical); a blueish grey three-button mohair/wool suit (Halstsed); a darker muted Prince-of-Wales three button suit with blue overcheck (Lessers); a three-button royal blue basket weave summer blazer (Scabal); a navy three-button blue hopsack & crows feet blazer (Swanson & Frear); cream flannel trousers (cloth courtesy of Will at "A Suitable Wardrobe"); and probably about a dozen or so shirts.

I am very pleased with his work. As you might expect, the more I work with him, the more refined the pattern. Now, it's only a matter of a single fitting before suits are ready for delivery. His prices are very reasonable relative to what I might pay in New York or London and he throws-in the occasional free alteration as a perk for my business (a very kind gesture). Will is a pleasure to work with, his garments are impeccable, and I look forward to many more commisions to come (finances willing).

Someday I'll get my girlfriend to take some pics for a mega-post here so you can see all of this handiwork.

Last edited:

st.tully

Reaction score
unbelragazzo -

This is very well deserved praise for Mr. Field. I first found him when I was looking to have someone alter two blue blazers and two suits from Oxxford MTM that had shrunk since I ordered them about 15 years ago. Amazingly they now fit better than when new and are on regular rotation - well worth the grand or so it cost. I next had him make a three piece pinstripe in a 11 oz Lesser. Beautiful suit. Rather soft in the chest and shoulder and the quarters are closed. My principle tailor is Henry Poole which is much more structured. Mr. Field charges just about as much for his bespoke as does Poole.

I commute regularly to DC and might be in town for the meet-up on the 10th. I'll try to remember to were the Field suit.

Cheers, st.tully

carsnoceans

Reaction score
How much does Mr Fields charge (ballpark idea)?

I am new to bespoke and just getting a ballpark idea on what it may cost. My second choice is Vaish at Rivoli (New Delhi, India). Since my parents live there I could get my measurements done on the next trip if cost factor makes it worth it.

J. Cogburn

Reaction score
$3,400 for a two-piece suit with your standard cloth; more if you're using Lessers or other more exensive fabric (such as the mohair Tonik). Odd-jackets are around $2,400. At least, those are the rices I've been paying of late.

Dempsy444

Reaction score
Nice article. I met him once a number of years ago and asked him which English tailor his style most resembled and he said they are all pretty close but probably Henry Poole if he had to choose.
It's a charming and comfortable shop. I recall there being an extensive cloth selection. Nice to see a son successfully carrying on his father's shop and craft.

ylkim30

Reaction score
Does Field still have their shirts made by Geneva? Is there a minimum number of shirts you have to buy from them? What's the general price range?

Thanks.

rudals1281

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Can't wait to go see him this weekend or next! Gonna start with some custom made shirts!!!
Cool - He's on Wisconsin Ave. up north from that PNC bank

Last edited:

S240

Reaction score
I had the pleasure of dropping off some newly acquired consignment suits with Mr. Field today. I can't wait for the outcome! He is a very patient man, especially for a newcomer to the suit-wearing world. I almost didn't bring the one shadow striped suit, but I'm glad I did--he explained the color and pattern of mine was fine for fancier summer occasions. I was about ready to resell it after hearing so much objection to shadow stripes on SF!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads