• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds "Belgium" Burgundy 12 C

DoTheGrownup

Reaction score
I want to begin by saying that since I found this forum my entire outlook on buying clothes has changed. I found SF while trying to identify a really nice looking sport coat I found at a local thrift store (a Samuelsohn). I've been shopping at thrift stores since I was in middle school. Thanks to SF, now I know what I'm looking for, and I've found some great stuff.
worship.gif

To the point, I picked up a pair of Allen-Edmonds "Belgium" in 12C, and they don't quite fit me. I want to sell them so I can buy my first pair of nice shoes that fit. When I found them, they looked like garbage. I took them to the shoeshine in my building, and she told me someone had but black shoe polish on them. They cleaned up quite nicely, and I think they're in pretty good shape. I figured I'd put them up here first, since the members of this forum have been so helpful. If anyone wants them, make an offer. No reasonable offer refused!

I would also be interested in learning more about these shoes. If no one here wants them I'm going to put them on eBay, but I figure I should know what I'm talking about first. I believe these are a "balmoral" style. Correct me if I'm wrong. I also believe they are calfskin. Someone told me they were shell, but I'm not sure if I trust them. If they were correct, I would love to know!

Anyways, here are the pictures. They were taken with flash, and I feel they reflect the true color of the leather pretty well. I have some pictures w/o flash as well if anyone would like to see them.

img1036bs6.jpg

img1044mx6.jpg

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What would you deem a reasonable offer? Just curious...
smile.gif

DoTheGrownup

Reaction score
Well, I just picked up these for $39 + $12 shipping, so I think $35 shipped would do me fine.

Any takers? I'm gonna give eBay a shot next week if no one here is interested.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads