• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Last edited:

v84

Reaction score
wow, guess im the right guy for this one, I have apc ns in a 31, I have a pbj 005 in 31 also, the pure blues fit rockstar tight, the apcs after sretching look regular with slim lower legs, the pure blues I got one wash.

So if I were you id get a 32 pbj for a similar fit to your apcs.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man I was about to post the same thing today!

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'd say 33, which is +2 from APC. I wear 27 in APC Hipster (very similar to NS) and 30 in XX-005. The APCs, however, are very tight and the PBJs quite loose. If I wanted same fit I would've gotten the PBJs in 29, which is +2 from APC. Good luck, these are some great denim trousers.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I agree with Kent, I'd +2 your APC size unless you have incredibly skinny legs.

winq

Reaction score
I wear a 26 in APC ns and had to size up to a 29 in PBJ xx005s fwiw. These things run DAMN slim, seriously the only pants I've ever had to size up from. I had a 28 in 005s and they were skinny on me, the 29 was very very very slim.

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks guys, a local store here just happens to have a pair of 33s, going to go try it before I decide.

ardeetee

Reaction score
I'm a 27 in APC NS and I went with the 30 PBJ (one-wash), the 29 PBJ's (one-wash) were way too small for me.

edit: added the fact that the ones I tried on were the 1-wash which had most the shrinkage out of the way

Reaction score
iA friend of mine is going to NYC so i'm gonna get her to stop by BIG for me.I 'm also wondering about fit of the pbj xx005, i wear a 32 in RRDS, SSDS, and rag and bone rb11. The rb11's fit really slim but not uncomfortable. Is that what i'm going to expect of the xx005 in a 32 as well?

headtowall

Reaction score
I have a 30 in both. I wish I'd sized up a little on the PBJs.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
See, that's different for me. I tried on apc ns in 30 which fit me pretty good and i loved the stacking(30 has a 36inseam i believe) and the 29 fit me a little tighter, which i liked, but the length was shorter(32-34ithink). I went to blueingreen the a day or two before and tried on the 30 in 005 and they were just barely too tight. I think the 31s would've worked but they were out. I also fit perfectly in 30 in sammy s5000. I'm normally a 32 so it's definitely weird. BiG has a return policy if you need to shift sizes though. The waist is about an inch and a half more than tagged, but the rise and fit are really tight so i'd go with 32 to start out with and 33 after if they seem too tight.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are raw and unsanforized, so how they fit in store isn't exactly indicative of how they are going to fit once they've been soaked. They're going to lose at least an inch in the waist, maybe more.

I'm pretty sure people generally size down 1-2 sizes in APC, but buy PBJ true to size (or even size up 1).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads