• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Attn:Crockett & Jones Alex & Edgware

Salsalocust

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a heads up (as usual) on non - Plal C & J

C & J "Alex" UK 8 E black calf wholecut.

IMG_4806.jpg
[/IMG]

Off to Ebay on Sunday with the usual offer of a £5 discount to SF posters

IMG_4799.jpg
[/IMG]

Now this one might not actually make it to Ebay....
mwink[1].gif

IMG_4797.jpg
[/IMG]

This C & J Edgware UK 8.5 E in tan is in a box marked subs and there is a slight 'speck' on one heel. Fortunately ( for those who care about these things
devil.gif
) the shoes are unstamped and are effectively perfect.

Listing on Ebay delayed

IMG_4791.jpg
[/IMG]

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
mmm...That Edgeware is my size. I just can't justify it right now, unfortuately. I'm also not too crazy about the orangeness of the tan color, but it may just be the sunny picture.

Salsalocust

Reaction score
Hi,

I know what you mean about the "orangeness" of the tan in these shots. But rest assured, they are tan, not orange in disguise.

I like to take outdoor photos with some 'direct' late afternoon light and yes, there is an 'orange' quality to that light in any case.

For me it beats crappy old indoor flash shots I'm forced to take once the winter kicks in.

Of course, the answer is to make or purchase a light tent or take photographs outside with 'non-direct' light. It's just the sunlight cheers me up, I suppose and reminds me of what a dire summer we have generally had here in the UK
dozingoff.gif

Regards,

Graham

pfr0g

Reaction score
I tried the Alex on at T&A in NYC; what a fantastic looking shoe. I went with the Hallam for my wedding over the Alex but wanted both, the little women put a stop to that
musicboohoo[1].gif

What last is the tan shoe on? Looks like the 348. I had some strange sizing issues between the 337 and the 348. I am a 9UK in the 337 but 8.5UK in the 348, strange as most say that those lasts fit very similarly.

Very very nice shoes. I am on shoe buying punishment because I waited and had to pay full retail on the Hallam and the wife is pissed. I will say that the Hallam and Alex are worth it even at full retail. Very versatile black shoes on a slick last. So anyone looking for a nice black shoe to complement their collection of 30 brown ones the Alex is a good bet.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any hope for an Alex in 6.5? Or the new double monk on the 348 last?
Thanks

Salsalocust

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Edgwares are so rare in my compass that I thought I'd unashamedly share this one here...... well I haven't done that for a while ..... so hush, Spam Police
tounge.gif

It happens to be a Crockett & Jones Dark brown burnished UK 7.5 E... and very nice is it too .

Regards,

Graham

IMG_0894.jpg
[/IMG]

Segz71

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Salsalocust
Hi All,

Just a heads up (as usual) on non - Plal C & J

C & J "Alex" UK 8 E black calf wholecut.

IMG_4806.jpg
[/IMG]

Off to Ebay on Sunday with the usual offer of a £5 discount to SF posters

IMG_4799.jpg
[/IMG]

Now this one might not actually make it to Ebay....
mwink[1].gif

IMG_4797.jpg
[/IMG]

This C & J Edgware UK 8.5 E in tan is in a box marked subs and there is a slight 'speck' on one heel. Fortunately ( for those who care about these things
devil.gif
) the shoes are unstamped and are effectively perfect.

Listing on Ebay delayed

IMG_4791.jpg
[/IMG]

These are absolutely beautiful show...such clean and virtually flawless. Just got a pair from the Jermyn Street store. They said making the Alex Wholecut is such a nightmare for the factory because the're so much waste...due to the fact that once there's a nick or blemish on the leather or if the clicker makes a mistake, the leather is totally unuseable.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamonyx