• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Foot massager: which one to get?

coatandthai

Reaction score
Has anyone compared the Brookstone iSqueez against the Sharper Image iJoy Ottoman? I am considering one of these as a present for my wife. The silver/black iSqueez looks hideous but if it is markedly better than the brown microsuede iJoy then I'd ignore its appearance. The iJoy also rotates to better accomodate different positions.
B000CMJJBC.01-A31C4SAW3YCWWJ._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V56832437_.jpg
cs-mocha.jpg

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look like they could very mechanical feeling. I could be wrong, but nothing beats the feel of a massage from another person.

How about this? On your computer, print up a coupon booklet where your wife can tear out coupons where YOU offer her a "free foot massage", and other assorted acts of love (wink wink, nudge nudge). Attach the coupon booklet to a gift basket of massage lotions, foot creams, etc. My gf did this for me back when we were dirt poor undergrads (the coupon book, not the lotions and smelly creams). Put the rest of the money towards something else you think she might need.

If you're still set on getting one though - get the one that offers the best value for the price. Ignore the looks. It's not something I'd want to keep out in the open for company to see anyway.

coatandthai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
Those look like they could very mechanical feeling. I could be wrong, but nothing beats the feel of a massage from another person.

Go to Brookstone and try one. They feel really, really good.

capnpyro

Reaction score
**** yeah. I got my technique down man, I don't tickle or nothin'.

Just sayin, I don't have any other input.

coatandthai

Reaction score
Tried them both at the mall. iJoy wins, hands down. It's the shizzle, my nizzle.
Like having your own personal Geisha on a remote.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coatandthai
Tried them both at the mall. iJoy wins, hands down. It's the shizzle, my nizzle.
Like having your own personal Geisha on a remote.

iSqueez looks like a better design, since it extends up to calf level. What was better about the iJoy?

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what the **** is up with all this iBrand ****? ******* iPod/iMac.
Also I agree that giving her the foot rub is the way to go. I am legendary for my whole body masages that last a couple hours, the girlfriend loves it... and of course, it is a good way to get her/you naked and get her all sex-nuts and marsupialed strong (perhaps not the last bit)

coatandthai

Reaction score
The isqueez actually hurt a bit, and I like painful massages, but this was too much. The ijoy was very firm but not too much.

All you youngstas who talk about real massages, just wait 'til you're married. The massages stop. There's a reason that masseuses can charge so much -- because it's a lot of WORK to give a massage, and most people don't feel like engaging in labor for someone else's benefit unless they are getting paid to do it. Hence, a mechanical device that can act as a reasonable facsimile thereof is worth the 3 bills.

Stedye

Reaction score
Check out a company called Tools for Exploration, I recall them having a great one that does Shiatsu or hits the reflexology points under the feet.

TaliscaAdrian

Reaction score
If you want to have best foot massager , you should consider Homedics . It has strong power on the market . HOMEDICS FMS-270H DEEP KNEADING SHIATSU FOOT MASSAGER is one of the best massager .
There are few forms of massage that feel as good as the Shiatsu technique. This innovative foot massage device does a good job of replicating that. Everyone here at the shop was amazed how good the foot massage was that this unit provided. It surprised us very much considering it is one of the more affordable foot massagers against ccompetitors.

How does it provide such a nice massage? We think it has to do with the multiple massage nodes that this unit has built into it. There are 18 massage nodes in all. The unit can also massage you with the heat that this massage product creates itself or you can choose a massage without heat too. It also adds into the nice massage mix 6 rotational massage heads to help comfort and relax you even further as you use it.

It is a very sturdy built product for the price too. The controls on it are easy to master and you can even control them just by using your feet. We all thought that was a very creative design that only adds to your comfort while using this foot massager.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78