• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Winterjacket suits my style?

Florian K.

Reaction score
Hi everybody!
Lately I've been searching for some Winter Jackets. As you can guess my search was not successfull.
I'm looking for a jacket to wear casually, it should keep me warm and look clean. It should also be versatile and easy to combine. I think I'm going to wear Chelsea Boots alot this Winter but I would also like to wear my NorthFace-Vans.
I have a navy-blue Parka in my mind but I am not too sure if I like a jacket that long...Or if I just have to come out of my comfort zone.

By the way, I am around 5"11 and built normal. I have light skin and my veins look blue-ish. (I heard that would help to choose the right colors. I just got 18 in October so I am not interested in a formal coat et cetera.

Maybe you can help me find my perfect Winterjacket.
If I missed some important Details let me now and please be understanding as this is my first post.

Anachronist

Reaction score
Hi Florian,

From wheareabouts (country) are you? That may help to include some recommendations on local brands. I, for example, coming from Germany discovered a brand over here called "Handstich" (translates to "hand stitch"... not that their garments are hand made, but the quality is very good. https://handstich.de/en/, switch to German language to see the shop, which is not available in the English site version), which have nice quilted jackets that take a nice modern twist on a classic design and look nifty over a wide range of casual and business casual attire (the jackets have a trim cut flattering the figure, but are therefore difficult to wear over a suit jacket and possibly also a tad too short, bit I assume that's maybe not what you're looking for anyhow, but just wanted to mention). Here for example a model called Kent (warm enough over a sweater even in winter)

IMG_1188.JPG

Anachronist

Reaction score
Short addition: Just discovered they've got a nice field jacket as well. Hackett also often has nice field jackets that look good, too and are maybe a bit more casual than a quilted jacket. Belstaff and Parajumpers have some nice looking items in this direction as well.

If you want to go into the less padded direction, I would recommend checking out either a nice thick woollen duffle coat or even a pea-coat (see some earlier threads in this section). They tend to be surprisingly warm over a sweater even in winter. There are some slightly shorter cuts of these classics that suit especially younger people and can look nifty.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads