• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to get Hugo Boss suit for $500

pokerface

Reaction score
I went to Harry Rosen today and tried on a Gable/Vegas suit which I liked very much. It costs $1000. I know people don't like HB suits here but I like their cut. Everyone on this forum is saying they can get HB suits for $500 and I'm asking where? I can't wait until the after Christmas sales. What outlet stores do you go to? I'm from Vancouver. I wear 36R so I think it would be difficult to find my size at an outlet or on ebay.

Shiny

Reaction score
I saw quite a few HB suits for around $500 at their outlet store in the Las Vegas. Primm outlets stores to be precise.

mbc

Reaction score
Nordstrom Rack, Saks Off 5th, Loehmann's, etc. Basically any high end outlet store.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you can't find one on eBay or another online retailer, or you can't travel to US outlet stores, you'll have to pay Harry his $1K -especially if you're looking for a specific model/colour...

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
If you can't find one on eBay or another online retailer, or you can't travel to US outlet stores, you'll have to pay Harry his $1K -especially if you're looking for a specific model/colour...
I agree. There are tons of Boss, in general, obtainable online, but if you are that specific as to color/model and you are in a fairly uncommon size for the USA/Canada, you are probably going to find it difficult to find.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One would think that with the close proximity of Canada to the US, that their clothing offerings would be just as great as the US. From the various posts on this forum, it seems like the situation is actually pretty bad. It's almost as if a few high-end mens stores have a monopoly.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back when they had, dare I say it, Bernini, here in Hawaii, they ALWAYS had Hugo Boss suits for buy one get one half off. These were off sale prices so I think they came out to about $400 each. Don't they have Berninis all over?

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen them at Off 5th (Saks outlet) and Nordstrom Rack. In fact, I was in Nordstrom Rack a couple of weeks ago and they had several at either a third or half off of their normal $450 price - can't advise if they had any in your size, but it would be worth checking if you have one locally.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
only because it relates here, but let me reiterate, I have a brand new with tag Hugo Boss black label suit mid grey pinstripe in 44R

for $199 shipped. retail is $950

:spamma:

If only the OP gains about 100 pounds and moves up 4 full sizes, your suit will be a great buy for him.
wink.gif

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
One would think that with the close proximity of Canada to the US, that their clothing offerings would be just as great as the US. From the various posts on this forum, it seems like the situation is actually pretty bad. It's almost as if a few high-end mens stores have a monopoly.

Not a few, one - Harry Rosen. And Holts, the NM/SFA equivalent. Proximity has nothing to do with it. Canada is a smaller market than Texas spread out over thousands of miles.

pokerface

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I went down to the Seattle Premium Outlets today but they don't have a Hugo store. I checked out the Nordstrom website. The Hugo styles they carry seem more conservative but I like the look of the Einstein Sigma. Their prices aren't much better than Harry's though, after factoring in the cost of driving down there and getting the alterations done closer to home.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Not a few, one - Harry Rosen. And Holts, the NM/SFA equivalent. Proximity has nothing to do with it. Canada is a smaller market than Texas spread out over thousands of miles.

Hey, don't take your city for granted. You have some fine small boutiques... I'd love to have Marc Laurent or Nicolas or here and my wife requests an Andrew's, please. That Pal Zilieri store near Hazelton also had a well edited selection.

blizzack1

Reaction score
Check your local Costco. I'm serious, they had a road show, and they were selling boss suits for $500 CDN. I believe it was their 'rossellini' model. I just checked the US website, and they are selling the 'Einstein' for $459 US shipped: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...ang=en-US&Sp=C
Originally Posted by pokerface
I went to Harry Rosen today and tried on a Gable/Vegas suit which I liked very much. It costs $1000. I know people don't like HB suits here but I like their cut. Everyone on this forum is saying they can get HB suits for $500 and I'm asking where? I can't wait until the after Christmas sales. What outlet stores do you go to? I'm from Vancouver. I wear 36R so I think it would be difficult to find my size at an outlet or on ebay.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcoPolos