• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When these pair of LVC 501 1947 STF were produced?

Emmers

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to know their production date. I don’t see this label on other LVC 501s:

LABEL1.png

LABEL2.png

And the last label is now completely different:

LABEL3.png

How much will this pair of LVC 1947 “Shrink To Fit" size 32/34 shrink in the leg and waist? truly 2 inches? As I understand, LVC from 2009 were made true to size, rather than one inch under.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The waist button, is it stamped "555"? If so then it was made in the Levis San Francisco facility which was closed in 2003. Since it was made in the USA if it has a different number then it might have been made in TX prior to the TX plant closing in 2003.

Emmers

Reaction score
The waist button, is it stamped "555"? If so then it was made in the Levis San Francisco facility which was closed in 2003. Since it was made in the USA if it has a different number then it might have been made in TX prior to the TX plant closing in 2003.

So old? Is that pair of jeans worth buying if they are from 2003?

Sorry, I only have those pictures. I never saw the first label (the size label) on LVC jeans made in Turkey and Bulgaria. That’s why I would like to know how much will shrink.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A pair of STF LVC, if 32 x 34, and if they have that brown label on them saying "unwashed" and you wash warm and dry in a dryer will shrink to approx 30" x 31". (The label you posted says "Made in USA")

Emmers

Reaction score
A pair of STF LVC, if 32 x 34, and if they have that brown label on them saying "unwashed" and you wash warm and dry in a dryer will shrink to approx 30" x 31". (The label you posted says "Made in USA")

Thank you very much.

These jeans are now made in Turkey or Bulgaria, a pair of STF LVC 32x34 (without that brown label) would also shrink to 30x31? I think Levi's no longer includes that label.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads