• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

We Talk to Third-Generation Bootmaker Brett Viberg About New Directions

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The issue is that he sells very little product in Japan through his current distributors and he's going solo so that he can better represent the line the way HE sees fit.
The Japanese have a way of reappropriating classic American styles and exaggerating certain aspects of the garment or shoe that doesn't bode well for the owners of the lines back home. There are ones which have enough balls stand up and speak against this (such as Brett), the others just take the money and produce whatever is asked for.

It's not only Japan some of the European dealers, have made some truly awful boots.

C Store

The (former) retailer in Copenhagen had a pair as well.

Last edited:

KyleTFH

Reaction score
I thought Japan and Asia were roughly the biggest market for Viberg stuff? There sure are a lot of sellers on Rakuten; searching on there, I see some weird stuff - like those 66 Hiker boots and Pachena Bay - but most of it looks pretty similar to what people are talking about on here; with the exception of the Japanese engineer and western short shift boots, those deserve more attention.

I was reading this article (http://www.workboot.com/these-boots-were-made-for-style.html) and Brett sounded like he was gushing over Japan, so I guess it's surprising that he's so quickly gotten cynical about the market there. It's no big deal for me personally, I don't even like workwear, but considering that Viberg made a name for themselves (workboot.com?) as a manufacturer of work boots, it's interesting how they're trying to distance themselves from that.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads