• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Three piece light grey suit for my wedding

Klein

Reaction score
Hello,

My wedding celebration is coming up and I've settled on wearing a three piece suit, light gray. I have enough time, till September, to get a suit tailored with the goal of having a go-to suit for occasions where my two piece, dark gray business suit (Suitsupply Napoli 36) isn't the best option. I do not wear suits daily but attend events monthly where I'd enjoy having a lighter color and the extra style of a three piece.

I'm 26 and located in Cardiff, Wales, UK and would like to take this occasion to start a relationship with a MTM or budget bespoke tailor as I can see needing/wanting vests in other colors, shirts, etc for the impending queue of friends and family weddings. I can make trips to London.

I'd appreciate any personal experiences or recommendations. Here are the top choices I am considering.

Bespoke options:

Whitcomb & Shaftesbury's Classic Bespoke option seems like a solid option, but is at the top of my price range at £1,420 before VAT.

Graham Browne looks like a good choice and the price is just a bit less which leave more room for accessories.

Finally Cad & The Dandy kept coming up as a good choice though maybe a bit less flexible in style, which is fine for me as I don't have particularly strong opinions nor am I looking for anything exotic in the cut. Their price definitely is attractive. I've heard to ask for Jon DeBoise.

MTM/online:

I've considered using Black Lapel for an online MTM option, but seen mixed reviews. Does anyone have personal experience with them? An alternative is Suitsupply's MTM. Their OTR Napoli has been a good fit so far for occasional business/formal dinner occasions.

WW Chan looks ideal in comparison with Black Label or Supplysuit, but their traveling tailor just passed through the UK days ago so it will likely be a year before I could get measured... to late unfortunately. Are there similar tailors which are based in the UK or pass through more often?

Many thanks for any comments or feedback.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics