• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tell me about Red Moon wallets

ang_kangkong

Reaction score
Cool. That's the "FunnyÂ
00a9.png
" Rider wallet. I like it, that chain attachement thing supposedly keeps the chain from twisting. Were you thinking of getting it? It's probably as thick as the RM.

ang_kangkong

Reaction score
...And here we are again.

After 3 weeks:

3wks.jpg

What it looked like when I got it first, after 2 days of sunning:

2days.jpg

Dick Danger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ott
what do you guys do with your "red moon holes"? (IE, the holes caused by the button clasp)

Repair or let it go? I don't mind the way it looks, I just don't want it getting so big that it rips the pocket in half.

Do you have a pic of your "red moon hole"?

Oldboy

Reaction score
Here are some pics of my Redmoon HR-01A....

After suntanning for 10 hours on each side:
DSC01469.jpg

DSC01471.jpg

DSC01472.jpg

After oiling with Obenauf's:
DSC01512.jpg

DSC01515.jpg

DSC01516.jpg

Pics taken today, wallet is about 2 months old:
DSC00034.jpg

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

A big thanks to DDML for the tanning/oiling tips. I love how the wallet looks right now. It's kinda hard to tell in the pics, but it has taken on a nice, rich caramel color and also has light scratches and dents that have added a touch of character. The wallet has also flattened considerably and I find that they're not as humongous and thick as most people make them out to be.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dope; goddammit, guys, I can't afford to start throwin' a bundle at my f***in' wallet, too. What are you trying to do me? I hate this board.
frown.gif

Minya, are you still hawking your knockoffs?

seatiger

Reaction score
Hi ddml, is there any link that I can read up on suntanning or is everything I need to know in this thread?

"Grommet" means to punch a hole and attach a ring?

Reaction score
hi! if there is, i don't know. this thread should help, maybe? a lot of the info in there is speculative, so take w/ salt, or as dr. prescribes. from wiki: Grommets and eyelets are metal, plastic, or rubber rings that are inserted into a hole made through another material. They may be used to reinforce the hole, to shield something from the sharp edges of the hole, or both.

Reaction score
hahaha! nice

did you happen to see poly800rock's (former) redmoon? it was downright chocolatey in color. amazing how dark these get. i wish i could freeze time.

i have to say, brand new natural redmoon wallets are nauseating. looks like human flesh.

don_tommasi

Reaction score
Who is interested in used RW wallets?

If anybody is interested, please give me your preference on size, model, color, condition, and etc...

macumbista

Reaction score
Based on recommendations from this thread, I got one of the Ponderosa Leather Good Connection wallets (Hand Stained Med. Brown Oak w/ leather lanyard). Leather looks and feels great, and the craftsmanship is top notch. I prefer the real antique coins as hardware to the fake branded ones used by RM and others. Yes, it is huge, so YMMV...

That said, Henry from LGC is one strange old turkey to deal with! And his foreign shipping policy is a bit dodgy (you agree in writing that his responsibility stops once he has delivered the package to the PO).

Also, the hardware on the lanyard (clips and ring) are a bit cheap-looking. I'd say, if you can, spring for a tougher-looking lanyard (like the Denham one below) and get the LGC without.

eRez%40Denham_9299_031_19518%20d_tif_b6190adfa7e9136c.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene