• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suits, 2pc, 3pc, who's who, bang for buck?

ScatterBrains

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I haven't worn a suit in ooooohhhhh 20 years. I have picked up some good footwear formal shoes, but as I've started dropping some weight, with more to come off, I'm finding myself becoming more and more outgoing, and wanting to go out to the evening events...(think symphony / opera/ musicals/theatre)....so.....while its NOT required....I think its the perfect opportunity to throw a suit and dress up for the occasion. I do not wear them daily for work, between my 2 jobs, its tech (business casual) or a uniform (ick). So I as review all the various suit makers, I'm somewhat lost. I know the suit should be able to go through several seasons, I mean literally I think one needs 3 basic suits, 1 navy blue, 1 black, and perhaps 1 in grey, (I would probably go for a charcoal myself), I also have a thing for a more classic look off a 3 piece suit, because the 3 piece can be toned down by removing the vest. I sure I'd want wool. But....then there's virgin wool, 110's, 120's, 130's, 140's, 150's, silk blends, and it goes on and on and on. I'm not so keen on polyester. (and for those that don't know, they take recycled drinking water bottles, melt the plastic down to a liquid, and turn into very very fine thread (think fishing line, but even smaller), than we've that into a fabric. Uh...not on my body thanks. LOLOL. I might be being a bit fussy. But I also don't see the purpose in popping $2500 - $10,000 on a suit that might only come out of the closet once a month or once every 3 months. SO whom would your recommend ? as a brand? and why do you favor them? I'm an odd body shape. Very broad shouldered, but short. 5 foot 7, 28/29 inseam, 33-34 waist, 48 chest. Maybe made to measure would be better, but I'm still gonna pop minimum $1000 for that? Just wondering if there's a better bang for buck out there...btw: In Toronto - Canada. I look forward to reading your ideas and thoughts fellas. Thanks a bundle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads