• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

loxo

Reaction score
Interesting. Where does they source their shell from, and what's the quality of the boots like compared to Carmina and other makers.

Anyone up for a Cognac wing tip boot on a chiselled last? I'm after something like this.
80277-GMTO-Cognac-Cordovan-01_grande.jpg
I would love an MTO for a boot just like those.

striker

Reaction score

Interesting. Where does they source their shell from, and what's the quality of the boots like compared to Carmina and other makers.

Anyone up for a Cognac wing tip boot on a chiselled last? I'm after something like this.
80277-GMTO-Cognac-Cordovan-01_grande.jpg

I may be wrong but someone might have mentioned Bonafe's shells come from Comipel and more readily available. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I would be interested in the boots but i already have a Cognac boot. I may get in if they were either whiskey or navy shell, or a country grain upper. Shell GMTO is unlikely to happen anytime soon and i am abit of a cheapskate to pay Carmina's 50% extra MTO fees.

Last edited:

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I may be wrong but someone might have mentioned Bonafe's shells come from Comipel and more readily available. Correct me if I'm wrong.

We'll have to wait for Leaves to get back to us.

In the meantime here are some photos I found. According to this link they have Horween.

If so I am so in for this boot.

Here's a picture of Horween Brandy Shell.
500x1000px-LL-301f62aa_brandy-boots5_zps861d1ff7.jpeg

Last edited:

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone who pre-ordered the Thorpe get a shipping confirmation from Skoaktiebolaget the following day? I'm just wondering if that would be indicative of a problem I should be concerned with?

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did anyone who pre-ordered the Thorpe get a shipping confirmation from Skoaktiebolaget the following day? I'm just wondering if that would be indicative of a problem I should be concerned with?

I got a manual email confirmation they got my order with the width I indicated (in addition to the automatic confirmation) but not a shipping confirmation.

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

is their shell from Horween?

Yes, Horween.

They buy through a leather merchant, like most small makers, but it's Horween.

Incorrect, see above.

That's just an automatic email that goes out from the system when we have "fulfilled" the order (written your size etc down in the order document in this case).

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's just an automatic email that goes out from the system when we have "fulfilled" the order (written your size etc down in the order document in this case).

Thanks Leaves. I have to say that I was harbouring a little hope that it was actually true. That would make it the fastest pre-order in history!

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, thanks Leaves, I'm interested in putting together two MTO's.

Wingtip Boots

Material: Horween Cognac Shell Cordorvan
Last: 804 last
Style: Wingtip Open Laced Boot with Speedhooks
Sole: Dainite Sole
Price ~ 7200 SEK ex VAT

So basically this but from Enzo Bonafe

Whiskey Shell Chukka

Material: Horween Whiskey Shell Cordovan
Last: 74945
Style: Two Eylet Chukka Boot
Sole: Leather Sole

Like this

Whose in?

striker

Reaction score
Appreciate the correction, Leaves.

Foxhound, i have one Bonafe MTO coming and i am apprehensive about commiting another without first familiarizing myself fully with Bonafe's sizing. I thought these were from Carmina.

I might submit another order for an English shoes instead by month end. That seems to be more urgent.

Bertel

Reaction score
Very nice. Blake stitched?

Thank you.

Yes, they are Blake stitched, with the Black 'Fondo chiuso' sole (slim waist). I often find Bonafè soles and frames a bit too massive and protruding to my taste, plus have always liked the sleek and very 'Italian' look of these slim soles best, so decided to go with Blake.

I haven't seen well crafted Blake shoes in a while, so am very excited that Bonafè as a skilled quality maker offers this. Will see how well it works in the real.

jaywhyy

Reaction score
@Leaves

Two questions..

1. Full sock liner possible on EG/GG preorders or are those MTO only?
2. Does Bonafe do unlined shoes (loafers, chukkas)?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Full sock liner is basically just a thicker insole that EG cuts and places in the box. I can't see why it wouldn't be available for any order

shagedelic

Reaction score

Okay, thanks Leaves, I'm interested in putting together two MTO's. Wingtip Boots Material: Horween Cognac Shell Cordorvan Last: 804 last Style: Wingtip Open Laced Boot with Speedhooks Sole: Dainite Sole Price ~ 7200 SEK ex VAT So basically this but from Enzo Bonafe Whiskey Shell Chukka Material: Horween Whiskey Shell Cordovan Last: 74945 Style: Two Eylet Chukka Boot Sole: Leather Sole Like this Whose in?
In!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads