• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent EB two tone boot arrived from Skoak (along with a wholecut Carmina in black). Quick delivery as usual and great customer service. The boots were a bit squished from the packaging (the suede shaft was folded over) and the calf leather seems to crease pretty easily. Construction is great. The sizing on the 363MOD last works well for me in the toebox width and instep (slightly high) but the heel is roomier than I'd like. I haven't given up on the 363 MOD but I'd like to give the 946 a try as well.

For comparison:
Carmina Rain: 10 UK (extra length, good width in toebox, slight heel slippage)
Carmina Soller: 10 UK (enough width for thicker socks and also some heel slippage)
EB 363MOD: 10 UK (high instep, similar width to Rain, modest heel slippage)

Allen Edmonds: 5 last 10EEE and 10.5 E in others.

LoKey, in addition to having bought the same pair of wholecuts, we apparently have almost the same feet, so your sizing on the Bonafes is helpful (I like the look of the 946 and will make a purchase at some point). I'm 9.5EEE AE 5 last, 10E AE others, 9.5 UK Rain. If helpful, I'm 9.5 EG 202, which is even more comfortable than the Carminas.

LoKey

Reaction score
LoKey, in addition to having bought the same pair of wholecuts, we apparently have almost the same feet, so your sizing on the Bonafes is helpful (I like the look of the 946 and will make a purchase at some point). I'm 9.5EEE AE 5 last, 10E AE others, 9.5 UK Rain. If helpful, I'm 9.5 EG 202, which is even more comfortable than the Carminas.

Uh oh.

I. Did. Not. Need. To. Know. My. Sizing. In. EG. I just learned that the MH71 in GG might be a good fit too. Sigh.

biggrin.gif

mad.gif

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Honestly I'm thinking of getting a bronze and black cc galway because of the doak issue rather than burnt pine. They really need a color between burnt pine and new doak.

I have a Galway in this make-up (Bronze/Black CC). I also have a Doak/Walnut CC Galway (old Doak). I have various other Doak and Bronze models, but, on the whole, I have more Doak (simply an overall more versatile color, IMO). However, for the Galway - if pressed hard enough - I just might say I prefer the Bronze model. :hide: :D

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I have a Galway in this make-up (Bronze/Black CC). I also have a Doak/Walnut CC Galway (old Doak). I have various other Doak and Bronze models, but, on the whole, I have more Doak (simply an overall more versatile color, IMO). However, for the Galway - if pressed hard enough - I just might say I prefer the Bronze model. :hide: :D

I would like to have the bronze model some day.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the info. Are they different enough to justify both?

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the info. Are they different enough to justify both?

IMO, yes. Bronze Antique is a much darker brown than Doak (at least the old Doak).

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bronze is very dark almost gray is some lights. It is a very attractive color and mixes well with a variety of color combinations. The color I saw I liked very much, however I still decided to go with chameleon for my malvern.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the Bonafe MTO deal, if I wanted to have a brogue made as an austerity brogue, does that count as a pattern change? Or would they just leave off the perforations?

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For the Bonafe MTO deal, if I wanted to have a brogue made as an austerity brogue, does that count as a pattern change? Or would they just leave off the perforations?

Bonafe already has austerity brogue pattern, you just need to pick a last for that pattern and there would be no additional charges from what I understood.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bonafe already has austerity brogue pattern, you just need to pick a last for that pattern and there would be no additional charges from what I understood.

I was actually contemplating an austerity brogue blucher, which I didn't see an existing model for. Just wondering if they would make it without the perfs without the additional fee. The only EB austerity brogues I saw in either a shoe or boot were bals I think.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That seems a little bit pushing the envelope from the spirit of the waiving of MTO fee, but you never know...

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That seems a little bit pushing the envelope from the spirit of the waiving of MTO fee, but you never know...

Agreed. I wanted the Jodhpur but with the buckle on the ankle—like the Carmina design—and unfortunately that would've incurred a pattern change fee beyond the standard MTO fee.

Surprised nobody is throwing up MTO ideas utilizing the Aubergine leather on the Jodhpur currently sold by Skoak. What a great color. Remember they are trying to bring us a seamless wholecut in that leather, maybe by March/April.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads