• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Popular vs quality

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
Agreed completely. Women don't know what brands I wear but I get 10x more compliments for how I dress than ANY of my other friends (who wear True Relgion, 7's, etc). In fact, I've never known my friends to get any compliments on their outfits, though it's pretty common with me. A friend of mine got pissed when the girl he was dating at the time told him he should dress more like me.
smile.gif

Furthermore confidence is much better for getting laid than designer clothes.

i have had the exact same experience as you. the majority of my friends are just plain terrible at dressing. its not that they wear sevens, diesels, etc. its just that they are horrible. i get more compliments are how my shirts fit or how my jeans dont have gaping holes in them.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chinook
Judging by the way you posted this topic and your replies have you ever considered that.. Maybe your just an asshole that can't sweet talk the princess?

aesop rock?

Hugo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by siman
You are the biggest ****** ever first off for wanting to buy labels to be validated by girls. If you really want to get laid get some confidence and spit some game. You won't get with every girl you hit on but some girl is bound to **** you if you try hard enough. If you truly want a pair of fashionable jeans that will last a long time I suggest a pair of number nine darted jeans or dior 19cm. They will last longer than a pair of garbage apc or nudies that generally get recommended here.

marsupial.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Siman- You sir are an idiot. Not only did you sound like a true label whore your self you honestly don't know anything about denim and denim construction.
I will give you the benefit of the doubt you might have personal style but NEVER judge a brand when you dont know the fabric, trim , and factory where it's being made. You just sound like an elitest asshole and that doesn't help anyone.

reprehensible

Reaction score
For the average guy (I'm in your position), the fact is it's just easier to drop some money and buy someone else's style (the designer label). The average girl is going to see the label, know how much you spent on it and then sleep with you. As long as it more or less fits ok and looks good... girls dig 7's and D&G sunglasses.
This kind of thing bothers me. It displays an unpleasant attitude towards women, and a lack of personal pride. If this is really the way you think... have you spent any time thinking about that? Any introspection at all?

Poomba

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Denimbar
Siman- You sir are an idiot. Not only did you sound like a true label whore your self you honestly don't know anything about denim and denim construction.
I will give you the benefit of the doubt you might have personal style but NEVER judge a brand when you dont know the fabric, trim , and factory where it's being made. You just sound like an elitest asshole and that doesn't help anyone.

The denim gods have spoken. Now all we need is Kiya to tell him off too.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karenrogers