• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on this boot

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shape's pretty ugly, the construction's going to be pretty mediocre, and you can do far, far better for 155.

Goldengloves

Reaction score
Not a fan. Personally it looks like a cheap, Women's boot to me. For around $200, I think you can find some killer boots right now with all the sales going on.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Goldengloves
Not a fan. Personally it looks like a cheap, Women's boot to me. For around $200, I think you can find some killer boots right now with all the sales going on.

Any good suggestions in the LA area?

Goldengloves

Reaction score
Well I am assuming your budget is in the 150-200 range, so I would suggest hitting up Barneys in Beverly Hills. They have a killer sale going on right now with almost all thier shoes on sale. I personally just got a pair of NDCs for 300, marked down from 475! I know thier are some really nice Paul Smith boots to be had for some good prices (although a little more than 200).

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Goldengloves
Well I am assuming your budget is in the 150-200 range, so I would suggest hitting up Barneys in Beverly Hills. They have a killer sale going on right now with almost all thier shoes on sale. I personally just got a pair of NDCs for 300, marked down from 475! I know thier are some really nice Paul Smith boots to be had for some good prices (although a little more than 200).

I was there yesterday, actually. Though on the dressy side, I saw a pair of Ferragamo short ankel boots that I really liked. However, I tend not to buy those at less than 50% off. And, while some of their stuff was still just more than I wanted to spend, I didn't see anything that jumped out at me and said "wow," mostly because I'm not a big fan of those tall-heel cowboy style boots they seem to have a lot of right now.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Jodphurs have been brought up many times here. I like them, the color is a bit too light for my tastes though.

Goldengloves

Reaction score
To be honest. Banana Republic has some nice ankle boots for a good price. JCrew also has a suede chukka boot that I have had my eye on for a while now.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DGP I have the waxy brown chelseas and I love 'em. They've held up really well in all kinds of crappy weather. They're not too dressy (the leather won't be like a spit shine), but still have decent construction. All in all, I recommend them, although if considering purchasing then make sure to search for threads on sizing (they run a bit big).

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I kinda like these:

http://www.bluefly.com/pages/product...&Nu=Product+ID

Who makes these?

These are pricey, but awesome:

There are many reasons that I should hate this pair, but I kinda... don't.

I thought that some Hermes shoes were Lobbs, but I could be wrong.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some are, but these are made in Italy. Actually a good deal right now with extra 10% off, and a 15% off coupon for ~475.

Sabrosa

Reaction score
I have had my eye on these John Varvatos Lace-Up boots from Bluefly for a little while and finally decided to order them today with the 10% off and a 15% coupon code: John Varvatos Brown Distressed Lace-Up Boots I had been considering picking up a pair of either the Frye Brando Engineers or Lace-Ups, but I decided to give these a shot instead.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads