• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"NOS" Condition Sinn 103 ST Military-style Pilot Flieger Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Up for sale is this NOS condition Sinn 103 ST. From what I understand this was a dealer's display model and has only been tried on. Comes on the original Sinn pilot's leather strap, that has a small tear on the back near the lugs (see photo). It does not affect the wearability of the strap. Comes with display box as pictured. I've wound the watch up and it looks to be keeping accurate time. Edit: I've noticed that the chrono seconds hand is stuttering a bit, but it is not affecting the accuracy. My watchmaker suggested that the tension spring can be adjusted at the watch's next service.

The models in Sinn's 103 series make it instantly clear what these timepieces were created for: uncompromising functionality. Following company tradition, the design of these watches reminds one of the instruments in an airplane cockpit. After all, the first timepieces by the company's founder were mechanical airplane cockpit clocks for professional use.

Mechanical Movement

• Valjoux 7750
  • Self-winding mechanism
  • 25 bearing jewels
  • 28,800 semi-oscillations per hour
  • Seconds stop function
  • Shock resistant as per DIN 8308
  • Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309

Case

• Case made of stainless steel, polished
  • Acrylic glass in front
  • Case back screw-fastened
  • Crown screwable
  • Meet the technical requirements for waterproofness, as set out in standard DIN 8310
  • Pressure-resistant up to 20 bar
  • Low pressure resistant

Functions

• Hours, minutes, subsidiary seconds
  • Date display
  • Day of the week display in German
  • Chronograph
  • Pilot’s bezel with luminous key mark

Dimensions and Weight

• Case diameter: 41 mm
  • Band lug width: 20 mm
  • Case thickness: 15,5 mm
  • Weight without strap: 74 gramme

Dial and Hands

• Matte black dial
  • Numbers and indices coated with luminescent colour
  • Hour hand, minute hand and Stopwatch second hand coated with luminescent colour

Asking $1400 shipped. Expedited shipping and insurance extra. I'm located in London. Please PM with questions or inquiries. Thanks!

Attachments

• 49366049_1_x.jpg
    49366049_1_x.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3806.jpg
    IMG_3806.jpg
    884.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_3809.jpg
    IMG_3809.jpg
    411 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3810.jpg
    IMG_3810.jpg
    532 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3811.jpg
    IMG_3811.jpg
    677.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3812.jpg
    IMG_3812.jpg
    542.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads