• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Late Show with Jimmy Fallon

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought it was awful. Watched around 15 minutes of it on the second night. I do have to say though that he's new at it and it may get better as it goes along. As I see it though it gives me a reason to not watch TV so late.

I also though Conan was getting pretty bad in the end. I remember watching his shows and laughing when in college but over the last couple years was more of a rehash of just old jokes and characters. His bright spots came when he visited other cities such as Chicago, when he visited Finland, and triumph.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For all who were interested, Gucci has a suit on their web page in the Men's Ready to Wear section that looks very, very close to Fallon's suit on the first episode. It has subtle striping that you couldn't see unless you were within 5 feet, I believe Fallon's was solid black.

He has made a few funny comments. When the crowd when unresponsive he said "half the crowd is drunk and the other half hates me". It was a pretty good line for the moment.

Millerp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oxnard
yeah its definitely all about Craig Ferguson for late night t.v. His interviews tend to be pretty good, and the thing I like most about his shows that the others (leno, letterman) lack is that his monologues are actually pretty long, and often quite funny. Hes a great physical comedian, also adds a personal element to a lot of his jokes. Good stuff.
+1 Ferguson also doesn't refer to cards or sheets of paper when interviewing his guests. Letterman, Leno and especially Conan seem to rely heavily on those.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm youtubing the **** and it isn't that bad. The "slow jam the news" thing has potential and they manage to get the effing roots on this ****.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought the slow jams was one of the worst bits I've seen in a while.

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by visionology
I also though Conan was getting pretty bad in the end. I remember watching his shows and laughing when in college but over the last couple years was more of a rehash of just old jokes and characters. His bright spots came when he visited other cities such as Chicago, when he visited Finland, and triumph.

+1. Conan used to be great but things started going down when Andy left IMO. Don't usually stay up that late these days but when I do I'm usually disappointed. Hopefully the tonight show will reenergize him.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy crap, anybody see last night with the head guy from Engadget? The guy looked and had the demeanor of a typical awkward computer nerd.

How awkward was it when Fallon was 'left hanging' on that high-five, only to mess up the second attempt when the nerd pulled his hand away when Fallon tried it again?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I only watched a few minutes of Fallon. His monologue was pretty funny.

I switched to Ferguson and, man, he has gotten so much better. I remember tuning in a few years ago and not laughing. Last night, he was a riot.

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has anyone found this funny yet? everytime I watch I dont laugh. or smile. at all.

His little nerdy lisp gets pretty annoying.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jgold47
has anyone found this funny yet? everytime I watch I dont laugh. or smile. at all. His little nerdy lisp gets pretty annoying.
Yeah it is not funny.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads