• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I don't want to work with my girls father

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey WB,

What's happen'n. Sounds like you got yourself into some deep **** with the old man. I'd avoid furthur confrontation with him and tell him that you are considering choices for your future. I think he would respect you if you had a plan in place that showed him what future you would provide to his daughter.
Right now, you have only provided us with a very utopian idea of a life of bumming around California with no obvious means to support yourself or her. You can enjoy the "Summer" thing and still have career.
It sounds to me that he is worried for his daughters welfare and you cannot blame him if you are expounding to him the types of things you have been telling us.
At this point you have to make a decission, go with this dream you have without your girl or compromise and have the fun and fantasy when it comes your way.

Gary

P.S. Next time you drink with him, bring a bottle that you enjoy.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
I am interested in seeing more from this series. Can anyone identify the typeface used? It is very 1950s.
Fuuuu-TUUUURRRR-aaaaaa! (said looking proudly off in the distance)

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In 'N Out? Those are some good burgers, Dude.
Shut the **** up Donnie.

And Wilson, please tell me that it was the liquor that possessed you to tell your father in law that work is boring and his industry has no future.

wilson brother

Reaction score
Hello Gary-

your advice is really helping me thanks. I told my girl's father what you said the other day in a real serious manner. He said that he understands the thought I am giving to the future but that I better make the right decision
teacha.gif
because the alternative could be losing respect or even poverty
confused.gif
at that point I shook my head
bigstar[1].gif
and agreed with the guy but walking home I started to get a little angry about this tactic of his. When my girl asked how everything went I said wonderful
bored.gif
. I guess some days you just have to tell people what they want to hear.

Edward-

he always drinks his Johnney Walker black label which he thinks is what the most respected guys like
alien.gif

-Danny Wilson

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I also drink Johnny Walker Black Label and I am very far from respected.

wilson brother

Reaction score
I also drink Johnny Walker Black Label and I am very far from respected.

Don't worry about that..my girls father isn't either
lookaround.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members