• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me find open pant hangers of a proper material?

bigbrother690

Reaction score
I really want to get this style of pant hanger:

The issue I'm encountering is that the only options I've found thus far for the material that touches the pants are:
- Cheap rubber/vinyl. Issue: do not trust my vintage/collector pants to constantly be in contact with it.
- Metal. Issue: RUST. Even a slight amount will be death for the pants.

I would love to find ones made of wood or something else reliable. The closest I've come are these:

which are made in Germany of supposedly high-end materials, but I was just informed by them that the contact material is PVC, which is exactly what I want to avoid as it off-breathes and is not recommended for garment preservation.

Lastly, I am set on this type of hanger as the other options (metal clamps, regular hangers, wide wooden clamp, etc.) all have drawbacks for my particular setup and plans.

Thanks you so much, all!

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

bigbrother690

Reaction score
Wow. Be careful what you wish for! You, sir, have offered exactly what I’m after. But at ~$40/hanger after conversion and post, I’ll need to slim down my wardrobe to fit in the poor house I’d find myself in :). I really appreciate the link but I need something more realistic for my budget (< $5 per). Thanks though!

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Be careful what you wish for! You, sir, have offered exactly what I’m after. But at ~$40/hanger after conversion and post, I’ll need to slim down my wardrobe to fit in the poor house I’d find myself in :). I really appreciate the link but I need something more realistic for my budget (< $5 per). Thanks though!
They’re an affiliate vendor and have a promo code in their thread for 10% off. Not sure how many you need but if you order 7 sets of 3 you also get to free shipping. They end up being about $20 each. Buy once, cry once.

bigbrother690

Reaction score
(Bumped because I believe original was up right around when the site went down for upgrades, and as I didn't get a workable answer, was hoping now that all is humming along I might get more feedback...)

Thanks you so much, all!

Last edited by a moderator:

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Easily. I’m a performer, dancer, and vintage collector. My WWII uniforms alone constitute about 20 pairs. Vintage trousers another 20-30. And I’m not stopping anytime soon!
Anyways. My suggestion was going to be the same as @Jmr928

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads