• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
Anyone know how the bucket hats fit? I have a big head (7 5/8) and wondering if the L will be big enough? Thank you!

US Grant

Reaction score

That WWM Maine Guide is like one of the best jackets ever. I've got it in a beautiful herringbone wool but would trade mine in a heartbeat for the brown corduroy.

Anyone interested in starting a petition to have him bring it back? I'm actually only halfway kidding...in a navy melton wool...damn!

xander_horst

Reaction score
I'd love to have a direct channel of communication with Daiki the way that Epaulet fans can communicate with Mike. I'm sure I'm not the only EG fan that feels this way. I have some suggestions about the Brookline jacket I'd like to pass on :) I'm not sure he'd be as delighted by the prospect of my advice as I am however.

eusticity

Reaction score
I personally can't wait to look like a sack/tablecloth in SS14. However, my real content is to ask if anyone has leads on an XS LDT jacket in charcoal or grey? Nepenthes told me no NA stockist received the latter in that size, so I'm trawling JP sites ...

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd love to have a direct channel of communication with Daiki the way that Epaulet fans can communicate with Mike. I'm sure I'm not the only EG fan that feels this way. I have some suggestions about the Brookline jacket I'd like to pass on :) I'm not sure he'd be as delighted by the prospect of my advice as I am however.

It doesn't help the Epaulet fanboys from dressing any better, because they all dress like ****.

xander_horst

Reaction score
^sarcasm? I thought those guys were doin' alright. Anyways, Daiki, if you're out there, let's rap about the Brookline.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone interested in starting a petition to have him bring it back? I'm actually only halfway kidding...in a navy melton wool...damn!

I sold the fw09 dark navy (almost black) melton wool one when I moved south, been looking for the brown cord ever since.

I personally can't wait to look like a sack/tablecloth in SS14. However, my real content is to ask if anyone has leads on an XS LDT jacket in charcoal or grey? Nepenthes told me no NA stockist received the latter in that size, so I'm trawling JP sites ...

Context had charcoal in xs, sold out now though.
Agree that grey was nowhere to be seen stateside, but didnt you order it through Gary?

Last edited:

El QUaG

Reaction score

Anyone know how the bucket hats fit? I have a big head (7 5/8) and wondering if the L will be big enough? Thank you!

I have a large ish head as well (7 1/2) with short hair.

I have found size large to be just big enough to fit me, in particular the adventure hat from SS12. The one with multiple button up pockets.

I tried on the anchor print bucket cap from SS13 and it was super tight. Cannot recall if it was one size fits all, or a size medium.

Hope this helps!

Knight

Reaction score

Large will be just fine for you mate, the bucket hats this season are made from fabrics that tend to give room [sweater knit wool, corduroy, melton wool etc] i have the navy wool camouflage one from FW12 and the Medium was quite roomy still. My avatar shows me wearing an adventure hat from SS12 in a size large.

Has anyone purchased a Cruiser Jacket this season? I'd love some insights on fit, true to size or size down? Im hearing mixed recommendations. Thanks in advance and sorry if this topic has been covered earlier...

Scott Stevens

Reaction score
EG tell me the Nyco ripstop is not water-resistant and Inventory say there is a significant difference between nyco ripstop and 60/40 fabric. I think a 'big' winter outerwear jacket should at least be water-resistant, pointless really.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone purchased a Cruiser Jacket this season? I'd love some insights on fit, true to size or size down? Im hearing mixed recommendations. Thanks in advance and sorry if this topic has been covered earlier...

Also interested in this, the the astronomical retail price is gross :/

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the ripstop nyco on the field parkas is fine for snow. you don't really need something that water resistant for snow, tbh. i wouldn't wear it snowboarding or in heavy rain, though. EG isn't technical wear and doesn't really pretend to be.

Scott Stevens

Reaction score
I don't expect technical outerwear, I know that's not their field. However, they could give the ripstop waterproof treatment for water-resistance. Makes sense for hooded winter outerwear.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52