• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

conservative business dress WAYWRN: An Experiment

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
P8180037.jpg

P8180021.jpg

P8180020.jpg

P8180024.jpg

P8180025.jpg

P8180038.jpg

P8180040.jpg

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bloody hell dig. That is some badassery right there. I won't comment on conservative business dress or not (Though the POW with windowpane probably means no) but that is hands down my favorite thing of yours you've ever posted.

Very metal. :slayer:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bloody hell dig. That is some badassery right there. I won't comment on conservative business dress or not (Though the POW with windowpane probably means no) but that is hands down my favorite thing of yours you've ever posted.

Very metal. :slayer:

Thanks. You've left some big footprints in which to follow. I'm still toddling along.

Go Dig!!!!!!!!!!

I'm tryin'! Thanks!

Dig, you have arrived.

VERY well done.

This means very much to me. You were encouraging and constructively critical from the very beginning and through all of the stumbles and steps along the way.

(swap the gloss white PS for a linen one though)

This is the second time today you have said this to me. The first was as I was putting the square into the pocket.

In my haste, I knew it was wrong but time had run out on my preparations and I just plain forgot that I had a very serviceable plain white square folded in my hip pocket...a habit carried over from my youth as a Boy Scout (Be Prepared). Thanks also for the thumbs up.

Hot damn, Dig! That's the stuff. I second Spoo's PS recco, though.

Noted. I'll try not to let it happen again! :embar: And thanks!

Last edited:

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The suit is conservative business dress, and fits you very well, but the tie most definitely is not. White shirt is about as conservative business dress as you can get, but do you have any shirts with a more substantial collar? I think that'd up your look immensely.

Also, might want to pare down the picture count.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First jacket fits well but creases to much for my taste. Is it the fabric?
Second (suit) very well done. No creasing to speak of.

- both cloths are Loro Piana 4 Season wool/cashmere

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

The suit is conservative business dress, and fits you very well, but the tie most definitely is not. White shirt is about as conservative business dress as you can get, but do you have any shirts with a more substantial collar? I think that'd up your look immensely.

I don't see why this tie isn't conservative business dress. I think it fits the Edmorel principle that you can have one FU item. I would hardly consider this tie FU though... I think something like that would be conservative business dress, but certaintly separates the stylish from the perfunctory.

Last edited:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wanted a few extra shots of this for posterity. Next time, I'll be less exuberant, I promise.

Regarding the collar, this is something with which I am struggling a bit. Can you be more specific? Taller? Longer points? Both?

I don't see why this tie isn't conservative business dress. I think it fits the Edmorel principle that you can have one FU item. I would hardly consider this tie FU though... I think something like that would be conservative business dress, but certaintly separates the stylish from the perfunctory.

Thanks for finding the words to express my intent. I was a bit unsure of the PoW but figured WTF, let's give it a shot in conservative business dress. The tie was because it was easy to go with a navy / small paisley or some such and my understanding of the original purpose of the thread (admittedly now a moving target) was to look for the edges of conservative business dress instead of trying to stand in the exact center of it.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I wanted a few extra shots of this for posterity. Next time, I'll be less exuberant, I promise.

Regarding the collar, this is something with which I am struggling a bit. Can you be more specific? Taller? Longer points? Both?

I think you need a wider spread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads