• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone wear custom tailored jeans?

rumpledstilts

Reaction score
I am looking for better quality jeans than the ones I currently have (Levi's), but I struggle to find them in my size (my legs are quite long, and my waist in very narrow).

Is it common to get custom tailored jeans?

I don't mind spending $100-$200 on custom tailored jeans, as long as they fit my body properly. Would I get some superior quality jeans from a tailor for $100-$200?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Uhhh Artist Denim is pretty much the only place I can think of. It will be at the top end of your budget. Might be easier for you to look around for jeans that fit your desired measurements.

rumpledstilts

Reaction score
Local tailors don't typically offer denim material choices for clothing?

Uhhh Artist Denim is pretty much the only place I can think of. It will be at the top end of your budget. Might be easier for you to look around for jeans that fit your desired measurements.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Local tailors don't typically offer denim material choices for clothing?

I was quoted ~$50 for a pair in Shanghai about this time last year. But their fabrics were terrible and I wasn't going to Japan for a while. And I'm pretty sure they don't have chainstitching machines nor the ability to do hidden rivets.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know where you reside, but if it's in the U.S., price is way too low.

You can't get anything 'tailor made' for around $100. I pay around $200 for a MTM dress shirt, not even a bespoke one. Note that labor for a skilled artisan is not cheap.

Your price bracket of $100-200 barely even fits the bill of medium tier quality off the rack jeans such as APC. If you want to go with the more premium brands offered at places like Self Edge, they are well above $200.

mikecch

Reaction score
Artist denim is a good option, I can vouch for the quality, especially considering the pricing - but it's MTM, not true bespoke, but longer leg lengths can be done AFAIK.
If you're in the US, you may need to raise your budget beyond $200 for "superior quality".

Though, seeing as you're new to this, try a pair of Sugar Cane 1947 from Japan...just under $150 and it's a good introduction to denim-nerd jeans.
What minimum leg length do you need though?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads