• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone put their woman on the IUD?

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always used condoms and finished outside. It was fine for me. Lot's of tension and it lasted for a long time, and it felt safe. Recently though I've gotten older and realized that if she did get pregnant, I could provide for that and we were mature enough to handle it, so it made me more curious about going without. Also it's been more on the spontaneous side of love making. She walks by, I like what I see, and close on on my target. Condoms take away from the drama with situations like that.

She's too forgetful to take the pill. The depo shot had a reputation for making women psychotic(more so than normal). I'd gladly get a vasectomy but she says she'd feel weird about getting pregnant in a lab by vials of my essence; fair enough. I think the IUD is right for us.

The pros and cons of copper Vs hormonal IUDs are unclear. Copper costs less, and lasts longer, but generally has heavier periods and more cramping. Is that all? Also the "strings." I have a tiny asian and am well endowed. I bottom out without going as deep as I want. I know this will be a problem for me so I read that they can be cut off. I've read stats for the effectiveness of the IUD, but non that were specifically with IUDs with the strings cut off.

Do the great sounding stats still stay if the strings are cut? Any opinion on copper Vs hormonal IUDs? To those men with women who have IUDs, do you finish inside and feel safe with that? I could handle a baby now, but my ideal is to wait 6 years. Would it be safe enough if I have an IUD in her, and use that with no protection, plus the rhythm method as far as finishing inside? I really wish they had calculators for all of these variables.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't answer all your questions but I couldn't go as deep as I wanted with a petite girl with one of those, and I could actually feel it during the deeper thrusts which wasn't very cool. I don't really trust the folks who make those things to study the sexual part of it that much especially from the perspective of men. The spectrum of approaches to contraception are all over the map and it all depends how seriously the chick wants to take it; most people could very easily get by with just pulling out and nothing else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads