• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone ever have a really bad sunburn w/peeling skin?

trewsx7

Reaction score
I received a really bad sunburn over the Memorial Day weekend, was out in the sun at a barbeque on the beach for 2 days without any sunblock (yeah I know I'm stupid).

My question is this: after you finished peeling, will the new layer of skin be darker than your natural skintone, or will you effectively "peel" the tan off, so that you remain with the same color skin before the sunburn?

Anyone know? Thanks!

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are you six? Have you never had a sunburn before?

Some color will remain.

somecallmebj

Reaction score
I've only sunburned once, but from my experience, the outer layer that peeled off was much darker than the "new" skin layer underneath. The new layer was my natural color, but slightly pink and raw. Luckily my sunburn was painless.

A friend of mine who was sunburned at the same time had boils. Yuck.

ThinkandDrive

Reaction score
I'm bald and am an amateur BBQ enthusiast.

I leave you to draw your own conclusions.
plain.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
yeah, burn blisters suck.

Yeah, the color underneath is generally darker than your previous shade of pale.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Um, is the OP serious?
The tan one gets from the sun isn't all contained in the top layer of your skin.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thats ******* discusting and i hate you for posting it. on the other hand, i dont think the skin under is darker than before, because i am the king of disgusting sun burns. if that was the case id be black by now.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Skin will appear red as it peels off; it will be paler than surrounding tanned skin afterwards.

I once burned pretty badly; peeled off a 4in x 4in. layer of skin, and kept it as a momento to gross people out with. Sadly, I lost it years ago, othewise I'd post a pic.

I do question how you do not already know this. Are you an asian woman that carries an umbrella when the sun is out or something?

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thats funny, because today i was just making fun of a few asian girls about the whole umbrella, visor down to their chin issue.

bkk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
thats ******* discusting and i hate you for posting it. on the other hand, i dont think the skin under is darker than before, because i am the king of disgusting sun burns. if that was the case id be black by now.

What's worse? The sunburn or his dirty toe nails?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads